Unique turkey/coyote slayer

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
wisturkeyhunter

RE: Unique turkey/coyote slayer

Postby wisturkeyhunter » June 26th, 2009, 8:16 pm

ORIGINAL: AppalachianMtnMan

ORIGINAL: wisturkeyhunter

ORIGINAL: mark hay

I too prefer double triggers on a hunting arm . But as a home defense gun the single trigger would be a mite faster to get both shots off if it were needed .

Speed is a mute point considering it only holds 2 shots. Who in there right mind would defend there family with 2 shots?

If it takes more than two shots from a twelve gauge your gonna be in trouble anyways. Most attackers will scatter and run like hell after that first boom. besides I'm not buying the gun for home defense, I already have these hanging beside the bed, plus some in the closet and in other places, and I don't have kids so all my guns stay loaded with the safety on and one in the chamber.

What if you miss or theres more than 2. Sure your probably going to be fine with 2 shots but most the time a locked door and a bark happy dog is enough. If your going to have a gun for self defence why have a gun that could fall short. Bet theres a reason most self defence shotguns have extended tubes.
Theres young school and theres old school.
I'm still in school.

AppalachianMtnMan

RE: Unique turkey/coyote slayer

Postby AppalachianMtnMan » June 26th, 2009, 8:31 pm

I didn't realize the pic didn't show up, it shows my guns hanging behind me. If this was going to be my only gun, then I would be concerned, but my Mossberg 500 holds 5+1, my Winchester Model 12 holds 7+1, my Marlin lever action in .35 holds 6+1, both my break down singles are loaded, my S&W 629 holds 6, and my .38 special holds 5. I think stoeger is selling this gun on the presumption that someone who would be it probably has more than one gun.

Previous

Return to Shooting