How often do you shoot?

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
Bobbyparks

RE: How often do you shoot?

Postby Bobbyparks » July 6th, 2009, 9:27 am

I use an aluminum case as well.

I remember several years ago while making my first travel hunt, I saw a guy picking his case up at the airport baggage claim. The aluminum case was all scratched and beat up and it looked like he 'd been using it for years. I thought to myself this guys like an old pro and has been at it a while.

Well long story short I bought one and after 2 trips in one season, mine made me look like I had been at it for years. This stuff takes a beating and a good case is a very worth while investment.

As a follow up I saw a guy that  sprayed a splotch of orange paint on his luggage and gun case. I was thinking to myself who would do this to perfectly good luggage etc?

Well one day as I was standing at baggage claim noticing how much my luggage looked like everyone else's, and couldn't besure what was mine and I realized  just how smart this guy was.

Now I put red duct tape on everything. I can even tell when my stuff 's being loaded on a plane sometimes. I can see it from across the airport. My dad picked up on it as well after someone else grabbed his bag by mistake in Texas one year and he didn't get it back until the next day. Just a tip for what its worth.

Bobby
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

JW

RE: How often do you shoot?

Postby JW » July 6th, 2009, 11:32 am

Ditto on the aluminum case. I'd say these are a wise investment, particularly for airline travel. Like Bobby said, they take some abuse. I remember mine being brand new and after my first airline trip with it, it looked to be several years old. Not only scratches, but pretty large dents also.

Jason

Previous

Return to Shooting