Has it effected your shooting?

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

RE: Has it effected your shooting?

Postby allaboutshooting » August 3rd, 2009, 4:14 am

I think that more and more of us may start to shoot a .22 to keep our skills sharp. We can practice all the skills necessary for turkey hunting with tight chokes in that way. Many times during the year, I go the bench with a .22 and practice the basics, all over again.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

mark hay

Postby mark hay » August 3rd, 2009, 1:12 pm

I just read some of the worst news , on another forum.

Senate Bill SB-2099
Will require us to put on our 2009 federal tax return all guns in our possession , whether we just have them or own them . May require a tax of $50 per gun and pingerprinting .
Bill was intrduced on Feb. 24, '09. It is an ammendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means the finance committee can pass this without the senate voting on it at all.

www.senate.gov
search Bill number SB-2099

I don't mean to hijack this thread . I just thought is was appropriate here. Please start another thread for any comments or thoughts .

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » August 3rd, 2009, 5:52 pm

I couldn't find it Mark under SB 2099?
Turkeybuster

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » August 3rd, 2009, 6:08 pm

A few years ago, I bought several boxes of turkey loads in the same lot, so they would perform consistently.  I was also offered a deal on some Remington turkey loads, but I'd have to buy 10 boxes in order to get the best price. I shoot Federals or Winchesters, so I'll pass this time. 

I'm waiting on getting a Swarovski scope back from some factory repairs & need to watch the cash flow closely for the time being (O.K., most of the time).  In my experience, nothing is cheap with those scopes. It sure is a good one though.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » August 5th, 2009, 10:21 am

I appreciate all the feedback! Hopefully, at some point ammo prices will stabilize or perhaps even decline a bit. That would be a welcome surprise.

I'll visit the Grand American Trapshooting Championship in the next few days and see if attendance is "normal". The ATA, governing body, is hoping that it will equal the attendance of last year. I'll also monitor the number of shells shot to see how prices are effecting it.

One positive note for shooters at the Grand, the Walmart that's only about 3/4 of mile away will offer a pretty good discount on AA trap loads and then Winchester is offering a $2.00 per box rebate. That will bring those shells almost in line with what they were a couple of years ago.

I'm sure the other manufacturers will offer something similar, that's just the only one I've heard about so far.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

mark hay

Postby mark hay » August 5th, 2009, 12:02 pm

ORIGINAL: Turkeybuster

I couldn't find it Mark under SB 2099?

I don't know Jon . I just past on the info as it was on the other forum .

Previous

Return to Shooting