Adjustable Hunting Stock & Forend from ATI

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

Adjustable Hunting Stock & Forend from ATI

Postby allaboutshooting » October 29th, 2009, 1:57 pm

I will be conducting a Product Test of this new stock from ATI that arrived today. It's a brand new stock that should be available in the very near future and appears to fill a real need for a conventional stock with an adjustable length of pull.

It's designed to fit a variety of shotguns, including Remington, Winchester and Mossberg models.

You can take a look at it at http://atigunstocks.com/index.aspx

I'll post a link to my Product test at http://www.allaboutshooting.com as soon as it's completed.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Steve_In

RE: Adjustable Hunting Stock & Forend from ATI

Postby Steve_In » October 31st, 2009, 5:41 am

That would be great for a growing teen.  It would change right with them.  Also good for a one gun person.  You could shorten the stock for when you hunt cold weather and wear heavy clothe.  Also raise the comb for shooting optic sites.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » November 2nd, 2009, 2:29 pm

I've installed the "ATI Adjustable Hunting Stock" on a couple of guns, just to see if it would really fit different models and I am in the process of giving it a field test. I settled on a 12 gauge Remington 870.

I'm combining some tests of it with those of the "Home Defense" shotshell loads, trying to catch up with my work now that the sun is shining.

If all goes well, I should have a report completed by the end of the week. I'll post a link here as soon as it's published.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » November 2nd, 2009, 2:31 pm

Hey Steve,

It certainly seems to have possibilities. I'll be able to tell you more once I have given it a pretty good workout.

I have a lot of Home Defense shells to test, using various media, etc. so it all works out pretty well. I just need several of these dry sunny days to get my work done. I'm way behind!

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » November 4th, 2009, 12:06 pm

I have completed all of my field tests on the ATI Adjustable Hunting Stock (AHS). I'm in the process of reporting my results to ATI and writing up my "Product Test".

I was able to get a lot of shooting in both yesterday and today due to the sunny weather, so I'll be able to report not only on installation but on how it works in the field.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » November 5th, 2009, 7:35 am

I have published my "Product Test" of the ATI Adjustable Hunting Stock at http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=331

I hope you find the article informative and helpful.

Thanks,
Clark

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » November 7th, 2009, 3:10 pm

Clark I can see why you have a web site.  My report would have read "After several unsuccessful attempts at installing the stock I read the directions."[:D]  Good report, I can see it would be helpful in your situation with one gun to tune up.  It would be great for siblings too.  Would the price drop if it was make/model spefic?
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » November 7th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Hey Steve,

I understand about that direction thing. It's the one part of what I do that I really don't enjoy. I hate reading directions! Many times I must stop and read them again...and again. So I really appreciate it when they are written in a straight-forward manner and of course correctly.

As far as price, I suspect that you'll be able to find them at a discount from the SRP (what used to be MSRP) as soon as they are in stores and in good supply. I'll keep an eye out for some good prices and post that when I see them.

I think that installing one on the gun that Doris shoots the most would make some sense. Her gun always shoots better than mine...or that could just be the shooter.

Thanks,
Clark

Return to Shooting