Remington Hand Guns...Again!

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

Remington Hand Guns...Again!

Postby allaboutshooting » November 21st, 2009, 5:12 am

Some good news from Remington...they are back in the hand gun business! They have hired a former executive from S&W and will soon be introducing or reintroducing hand guns to their firearms line up. They may announce what they will be making at the SHOT Show in January. If that happens, or if I learn more before that time, I'll publish information at http://www.allaboutshooting.com

Any manufacturer making new guns is always good news to me! Since Remington was purchased by the Freedom Group, they've introduced several new products, guns and ammo and purchased several other companies to help diversify themselves. That's also good news.

It will be interesting to see just what they have on the drawing board. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Turkeybuster

RE: Remington Hand Guns...Again!

Postby Turkeybuster » November 21st, 2009, 5:17 pm

Hey Dead Eye
Keep us informed! How ya been?
Jon
Turkeybuster

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » November 21st, 2009, 6:27 pm

Hey Jon,

It's good to hear from you. That's kind of exciting news from Remington. It seems like every time I open my e-mail there is something new from them and I expect that there is more to come.

It's been a very good year. Doris and I feel very fortunate and look forward to the holidays.

How are things with you?

Thanks,
Clark

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » November 22nd, 2009, 12:31 am

My Remington wheel gun has nipples and a rammer[:D].  I suppose they will try to upgrade from that. Maybe they will go with some of the CZ line of handguns as a start.  Everyone is making a 1911 of somesort and that is very compative but they did bring out their version of the AR.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » November 22nd, 2009, 4:17 am

Hey Steve,

That's the big guessing game. Will they bring back the Model 51, their Model 1911, or something else entirely? They've also been in a buying mode lately, buying several other gun companies and that could put them into production immediately. We'll see.

Thanks,
Clark

mark hay

Postby mark hay » November 22nd, 2009, 12:41 pm

Sounds GREAT!

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » November 23rd, 2009, 6:19 pm

We have been doing ok here I been chasing the birds for the last three weeks. Managed to kill a 20 lb. bird he had 4 beards growing out of one base I have never seen that before they were pencil beards and averaged 4 to 5 inches each.
Glad to hear all is well with you and Doris it sounds like the shot show is going to be interesting this year. Remington must have been buisy by the sound of things.
Jon
Turkeybuster

Return to Shooting