Remington Ultimate Home Defense Shotshells

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

RE: Remington Ultimate Home Defense Shotshells

Postby allaboutshooting » November 17th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Hey Ralph,

Yes, I picked the 15' distance as a compromise between the 10' and 20' distances that are in the T.E.P.

That distance is a bit arbitrary but the real purpose of my testing was to compare the loads that are available and reportedly are used in shotguns for home defense.

Part 2 will include additional testing and I'll get to that as soon as the weather and my schedule allows.

Thanks again,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » November 18th, 2009, 6:44 pm

Although I keep a Glock 20 by my bed, I'm still interested in your results.

Inquiring minds want to know!
I'm From Texas
[size=150]What Country
[size=150]Are You From?

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » December 11th, 2009, 7:19 pm

The success of the Taurus "Judge", reportedly one of the most successful revolver introductions, has spawned a lot of new shells for that gun for 2010 as well. Almost all of the ammo companies will be offering something new for that gun.

We shot the (then) new 3" chambered gun at SHOT last January and it was very impressive with the loads offered then but these new ones are pretty amazing.

The .410 had not been a very popular shell and not many new loads had been offered until this gun came on the scene and now we'll see a bunch of different ones.

Somebody out there is always thinking!

Thanks,
Clark

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » December 12th, 2009, 3:17 pm

ORIGINAL: allaboutshooting

The success of the Taurus "Judge", reportedly one of the most successful revolver introductions, has spawned a lot of new shells for that gun for 2010 as well. Almost all of the ammo companies will be offering something new for that gun.

We shot the (then) new 3" chambered gun at SHOT last January and it was very impressive with the loads offered then but these new ones are pretty amazing.

The .410 had not been a very popular shell and not many new loads had been offered until this gun came on the scene and now we'll see a bunch of different ones.

Somebody out there is always thinking!

Thanks,
Clark

Clark, what "new" 3" .410s have hit the scene recently?  I think a 3" load of 000 Buck shot gives you, what, three .36" pellets per round?  The ballistics aren't that great out of that little, short barrel.  You're better off propping an 870 by the bed stoked full of 000 magnum buckshot, or, learn to shoot a pistol.              
I'm From Texas
[size=150]What Country
[size=150]Are You From?

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » December 12th, 2009, 6:08 pm

Hey Ralph,

Federal, Winchester, Remington and Hevi-Shot have either come out with new .410 loads or will in the next 45 days or so.

Some are pretty radical. I'm not sure how much has been released yet. I'll check to see and then if possible, provide you with a link or links to the new shells.

Thanks,
Clark

Previous

Return to Shooting