Burris SpeedBead

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

Burris SpeedBead

Postby allaboutshooting » May 29th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Several months ago I mounted a Burris SpeedBead sight on my original SBE. Since that time, I've taken it to the range at every opportunity to see how it would hold up under fire.

I've now completed my "Product Test" article and my evaluation of the SpeedBead sight and you can read the results at [url=http://www.allaboutshooting.com]http://www.allaboutshooting.com
[/url]
I hope you find the evaluation helpful.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

kenturkey89

RE: Burris SpeedBead

Postby kenturkey89 » May 29th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Thanks for the info, Clark. I am an avid clay target shooter and it is something that I spend a lot of time doing when not turkey/deer hunting. I have heard and seen the Burris SpeedBead but have never tested one firsthand nor have I read a complete review of the product. Like you, I figured it would work well for many turkey hunters and deer slug hunters as well as the wingshooters. I might have to take a look into something like that. Thanks again!
Brian

mark hay

Postby mark hay » May 30th, 2011, 1:20 am

That's impressive ! Having gone through guns with scopes , front and rear ''IRON SIGHTS'',and the common bead , I can see a great advantage in this type sighting system .

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 30th, 2011, 3:22 am

Hey Brain,

You're welcome. It's a pretty impressive sight. It seems to have all the advantages of the "dot" type sights but still allows you to use your original sights should you choose to do that or if you ever need to do that for any reason.

At some point, I'll take the SBE to the clays course and see what happens. A few years ago, I shot sporting clays a couple of times a week and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, time constraints have not allowed me to do that in the last few years but I plan to get back into it.

Thanks again,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 30th, 2011, 3:24 am

Hey Mark,

Yes, I could not agree more. It has the advantages and none of the disadvantages of most of the other "dot" type sights. I especially like the fact that it's light, does not throw off the balance of the gun and allows me to use the original sights.

Modern technology also makes it waterproof and the battery can last for years. It also has very tough steel construction that I like.

Thanks again,
Clark

Return to Shooting