Too Wet to Shoot

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

Too Wet to Shoot

Postby allaboutshooting » May 26th, 2011, 3:34 am

We've had such wet weather here in Southern Illinois that I've not been able to get to the range for several days now. We've been dodging tornadoes and thunder storms all week.

The still target shooting season is in full swing now. Doris and I went to Jackson, Tennessee last weekend and she won the Mid-South Still Target Shoot Championship in the 20 gauge open class. She out shot everyone, including her husband, and using her factory stock Remington 870 Express, beat all the men using custom bolt action guns. It was a good way to start the season.

We'll be traveling to various shoots for the next 5 months leading up to the world championship shoot in October.

I hope you all had a great spring season.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

kenturkey89

RE: Too Wet to Shoot

Postby kenturkey89 » May 26th, 2011, 4:25 am

Congratulations, Clark, to both you and Dorris on your success in Tennessee recently!

It's been awful wet here as well and I've been trying to get out to the range myself and sight in my .222 and .270 rifles. The weather looks like it will be clearing very soon so I hope to get out and shoot early next week.

Good luck to you and Doris in your future still-target competitions and keep us posted as to how well you all do!
Brian

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » May 26th, 2011, 4:32 am

Congrats. to Doris on her win I hope this is the start of a winning streak!
Hope ya'll have a good season on the still target shoots this summer Clark best of luck.

Jon
Turkeybuster

dewey

Postby dewey » May 26th, 2011, 5:09 am

Congratulations to Doris on her win and I hope this is the start of a winning streak for her and you! Good luck dodging the tornadoes and nasty weather it is shaping up to be one hell of a nasty summer.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

mark hay

Postby mark hay » May 26th, 2011, 12:14 pm

Way to go Doris!! Maybe you could help Clark out a little [:D],,,you know ,,,show him how it's done .

Congrats to you all.

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 27th, 2011, 1:02 pm

I have conveyed your congratulations to Doris. She's very appreciative and asked me to thank each of you.

Doris has no bad shooting habits. She only began shooting shotguns in 2006, after following me around to various shooting events for many years. She's a life-long musician and accustomed to doing the same thing, the same way, time after time, which has served her well in shooting.

I'm always amazed when I watch her shoot. She can read the wind very well and that really helps in still target shooting. Plus, she's very steady.

Hopefully, we'll both be able to shoot at the range soon and I'll take notes.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

ncturkey

Postby ncturkey » May 27th, 2011, 1:12 pm

The rain have keep alot of folks from shooting and hunting bith this spring. That is cool Doris beat the guys with the custom shoot guns. What about the rest of the class results. Plus it would be cool to post the winning scores too.
Mike

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » May 27th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Hey Clark, is there a website you can go to to see when and where the competitions are? Thanks
Is it turkey season yet?

ncturkey

Postby ncturkey » May 28th, 2011, 2:50 am

Here is a link I found to a section on the NWTF site that will direct you to events in your state.http://www.nwtf.org/in_your_state/?desturl=/in_your_state/shooting_events.php
Mike

ncturkey

Postby ncturkey » May 28th, 2011, 2:59 am

I hunt the results too from the shot Clark was at.
Mike

Next

Return to Shooting