Need a choke tube for my mossbreg 935

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
rbewilson

Need a choke tube for my mossbreg 935

Postby rbewilson » May 4th, 2014, 8:23 pm

well after 3-misses at 20yards this year I figure my gun shoots to tight,I need help with what choke tube I need for my gun?My gun is a 935 mossbreg and the choke tube that i have now is a xxx-full tube,thanks for the help

icdedturkes

Re: Need a choke tube for my mossbreg 935

Postby icdedturkes » May 7th, 2014, 3:51 am

IME its hard to have your cake and eat it too.. Essentially about any choke stamped turkey or X full with a turkey load is gonna be tight at 20 yards.. Changing chokes or load may give you a couple of inches, how far you choose to go with it may hinder your patterning ability at 40.

air leak

Postby air leak » May 11th, 2014, 6:22 am

rbewilson wrote:well after 3-misses at 20yards this year I figure my gun shoots to tight,I need help with what choke tube I need for my gun?My gun is a 935 mossbreg and the choke tube that i have now is a xxx-full tube,thanks for the help

With all due respect, it's not the gun or the choke. It sounds like you are rushing the shot. Possibly not having the barrel level, and shooting over the bird.

Take your time. Remember...Patience kills turkeys.

retranger

Postby retranger » May 11th, 2014, 7:00 am

I have to agree with airleak. I'm not patting myself on the back ,,,,, but I have the 935 turkey model. Bought it the first year mossberg made them and I have not missed a bird with it. Don't aim directly at the head but about 1/2 way down the neck where the waddles stop. Like airleak said be sure the gun is level and keep your head on the stock. :)
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Return to Shooting