Choke Test

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
wfolds

Choke Test

Postby wfolds » April 11th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Just getting into Turkey hunting I wanted to use a special Turkey choke tube so I ordered a .665 turkey coke spending @ $45.00 and when I patterned it the shot concentration was not great. The shot was all over the place so it was returned. Since I shoot Muller chokes when I shoot sporting clays I called and ordered a UFO and last weekend I patterned my Benelli SuperSort and a Crio + UFO choke. I also had another manufactures choke tube in order to compare, but shot the UFO first. At 40 yards I set up a 4’X4’ NRA pattern sheet and put a 12" shoot-n-see target in the center. The load tested was a 3" Winchester Long Beard XL #5 shot shell. The first shot was a little high, but the coverage above the 12” shoot-n-see was tight. After adjusting my sight to bring the shot down I fired a second shot. I was amazed at the number of shot completely covering the 12" shoot-n-see center. There were a few shots on the perimeter, but the consideration on the shoot-n-see was impressive, so much so that I didn't even shoot the second tube. I cannot see how I could get any better coverage with the other choke and it was returned also. One thing for sure, the UFO will equate to a dead Turkey as long as I do my part. I was a little apprehensive because of the price of the choke at first, but after testing and with the amount of shot in a 12” target, my personal opinion is that it was money well spent. Thanks Jimmy I am a fan.

RCTaylor

Re: Choke Test

Postby RCTaylor » April 12th, 2014, 4:05 pm

what is a ufo choke?
Clyde

wfolds

Postby wfolds » April 16th, 2014, 7:23 pm

The UFO is one of the Muller Chokes in their new steel series

RCTaylor

Postby RCTaylor » April 19th, 2014, 5:47 pm

Thanks never heard of them.
Clyde

wfolds

Postby wfolds » April 21st, 2014, 4:31 am

Just got their Decoy choke to use for Coyote and will pattern it within the next few weeks. I will also shoot the UFO again and try to post some pictures. Here is a link to the choke and the Muller site http://mullerchokes.com/collections/ben ... ecrio-plus

Return to Shooting