Cheaper than dirt?

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
dewey

Cheaper than dirt?

Postby dewey » February 28th, 2014, 4:11 pm

So I was looking at various ammo prices and noticed they are fair amount cheaper on the website 'Cheaper Than Dirt' website. However I searched for some shipping promo codes and noticed there were a fair amount of bad reviews for CTD.

Does anyone have any experience with CTD?

Thanks

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Fan Club

Re: Cheaper than dirt?

Postby Fan Club » February 28th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Dewey-

My buddy that passed away last year, "Backwater Bob", did a fair amount of business with CTD and recommended them to me as a source on more than one occasion.

Bob was a veteran reloader and high volume shooter who did a lot of e commerce with Midway USA, Mid South Shooters Supply and Cabelas. He was honest and a straight shooter, I'm sure he'd never steer me that way if he had any misgivings.

For what it's worth...
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

dewey

Postby dewey » February 28th, 2014, 8:36 pm

Fan Club wrote:Dewey-

My buddy that passed away last year, "Backwater Bob", did a fair amount of business with CTD and recommended them to me as a source on more than one occasion.

Bob was a veteran reloader and high volume shooter who did a lot of e commerce with Midway USA, Mid South Shooters Supply and Cabelas. He was honest and a straight shooter, I'm sure he'd never steer me that way if he had any misgivings.

For what it's worth...

That is exactly the kind of recommendation that I am looking for. From everything you have said about your friend if it was good enough for him it is good enough for me.

Thank you.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » March 1st, 2014, 9:32 am

I have not ordered anything from them since their knee jerk reaction to the school shooting in conneticut.

wfolds

Postby wfolds » March 3rd, 2014, 7:28 pm

I dumped them when they were charging @ $20.00 for a box of 50 22 long rifle bullets. Have not even looked at their site since then.

Return to Shooting