winchester longbeard xr

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
Cut N Run

Re: winchester longbeard xr

Postby Cut N Run » March 17th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Congratulations on your gobbler wfolds. That's a fine way to start the season. Good luck the rest of the way.

WaMa around here are stocking fewer and fewer hunting supplies the closer to Raleigh you get. Of course a Gander Mountain opened in Morrisville (6 miles Southwest of Raleigh) last year, a Bass Pro Shops opened in Cary (2 miles west of Raleigh) last month and Cabela's is building a new store in Garner (6 miles East of Raleigh) slated to open in 2016. The region is littered with Dick's Sporting Goods as well, so there's a lot of places to get hunting supplies, not to mention the dedicated gun & tackle shops in the area.

When work carries me past outlying WaMa stores, I'll sometimes check for sale stuff, mostly clothing. A lot of people use that same strategy, because you'd better get what you want, because it will be gone in a few days. Lightweight long johns are a fraction of their regular price if it has been a warm winter. A cold one like this year means they hardly ever go on sale.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

icdedturkes

Re: winchester longbeard xr

Postby icdedturkes » March 17th, 2014, 4:37 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:At least your guys WM's have sporting goods, ours don't :evil: . The old store used to be great, but they built a new Super Wally and they don't carry hardly any sporting goods, just camo cloths and a few fishing rods, no guns, shells, supplies nothing for hunting, other than your licenses. They replaced all the sporting goods with golf, or weight lifting and snowboards supplies.

Ours has gone the same way. Years ago ours wood stock probably 16 foot of peg board with turkey stuff, now its down to 4x4 or so.. I was in one in KS and they had calls from a couple small manufactures I have never even heard of..

Previous

Return to Shooting