Advantage Timber Camo Comfort Tech Beenilli Stock??

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
misoiltester

Advantage Timber Camo Comfort Tech Beenilli Stock??

Postby misoiltester » December 13th, 2013, 12:42 pm

I monkeyed up the end of my stock, and have to tape my butt gel-pad on to it.
The most reasonable replacement will cost $300.
Any body know another source for a used one??
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

ads1

Re: Advantage Timber Camo Comfort Tech Beenilli Stock??

Postby ads1 » December 13th, 2013, 2:06 pm

I wanted to shorten the stock on my Benelli and could not find anyone to do the work. I called John Mann and others but no success, Hope you can find someone.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » December 13th, 2013, 2:52 pm

If you can get your hands on one you better get it. Benelli's customer service stinks, a buddy had a nova that the butt stock cracked on, it took him 7 months to get a replacement stock. None of the local gun shops would touch it, they wanted nothing to do with it.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » December 13th, 2013, 3:21 pm

ads1 wrote:I wanted to shorten the stock on my Benelli and could not find anyone to do the work. I called John Mann and others but no success, Hope you can find someone.

That's what I was trying to do .. and scewed the mid pad and the end of the stock up. I had just paid $65 for the pad. Benelli sent the thinnest pad, and it works fine now, cept, it won't stay on!!
Didn't know there were 3 different size pads, and the thickest came with the gun!! :lol:

ads1

Postby ads1 » December 13th, 2013, 6:33 pm

misoiltester wrote:
ads1 wrote:I wanted to shorten the stock on my Benelli and could not find anyone to do the work. I called John Mann and others but no success, Hope you can find someone.

That's what I was trying to do .. and scewed the mid pad and the end of the stock up. I had just paid $65 for the pad. Benelli sent the thinnest pad, and it works fine now, cept, it won't stay on!!
Didn't know there were 3 different size pads, and the thickest came with the gun!! :lol:

I replaced my pad also and got the thinnest one. Still would like to shorten the stock a little more. How did you damage the stock putting on a replacement pad? Those pads are a little pricey at $99.

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » December 14th, 2013, 2:09 pm

ads1 wrote:
misoiltester wrote:

I replaced my pad also and got the thinnest one. Still would like to shorten the stock a little more. How did you damage the stock putting on a replacement pad? Those pads are a little pricey at $99.

I thought, now if I could "drop" the stock, and bring up my aim(like the humpback Brownings), I'd get less reach from the stock, and whittled on the end of the stock and butt gel pad .. AND failed misserably :oops:

ads1

Postby ads1 » December 15th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Could you get a gunsmith to surgically cut the stock to shorten it and then put one of the boot recoil pads over the stock?

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » December 16th, 2013, 7:03 am

ads1 wrote:Could you get a gunsmith to surgically cut the stock to shorten it and then put one of the boot recoil pads over the stock?

That's about the only way you could do it, but then you'd lose out on the Butt Gel Pad and stocks ability to "comfort" the shot. Be better off just gettin' a wood stock and do the same ;)

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » December 16th, 2013, 9:39 am

Thanks, this thread has confirmed my decision to take my recently purchased Benelli back. There are little things I don't like about Benelli customer service is not at all helpful. However, Scheels has worked with me and offers to take it back in exchange for full price.
Good luck.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » December 16th, 2013, 11:13 am

charlie elk wrote:Thanks, this thread has confirmed my decision to take my recently purchased Benelli back. There are little things I don't like about Benelli customer service is not at all helpful. However, Scheels has worked with me and offers to take it back in exchange for full price.
Good luck.

What issues have you had??
Benelli service has been fantastic to me, and more than 1 time , with my self-inflicted gun problems!!
It's just that I had a custom stock on my ole 1100 that had a 1" drop, and came up like like the old Browning Humpbacks.
I bought the 2nd mid sized Gelpad from a local gunsmith (still too long, as the original with the gun was the thickest) and he didn't say a word about the shorter/thinner one available, and Benelli sent it free of chg. That took away my lenght issue :lol:
It's getting a stock w/advantage timber, cause it's been discontinued, and I may have to buy a new one .. cheapest is $300.
I've bitten many bullets before, and this isn't anything new to me ;)

Next

Return to Shooting