My New Turkey Shotgun

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
BHC

My New Turkey Shotgun

Postby BHC » May 9th, 2013, 4:11 pm

Been wanting to upgrade for awhile to a semi-auto with a 3.5" chamber. Went to many stores including Cabela's but they couldn't locate what I wanted, nor did they have what I wanted on the used rack.

I was searching Armslist.com and came across this Remington 11-87 Super Magnum with the ShurShot Stock which was on my short list. I got a great deal, the seller claimed it was just a year old with 5 shots thru it, not a mark on it, barrel looks great, it came with the black sling and a Primos Jelly Head Choke that I sold. It took 16 days for the New Jersey to do the background check, I picked up yesterday and put in the HeviShot turkey choke. I may go tomorrow to sight her in.

Remington turkey.jpg
Remington turkey.jpg (653.04 KiB) Viewed 798 times

ads1

Re: My New Turkey Shotgun

Postby ads1 » May 9th, 2013, 4:49 pm

That's a good looking gun. How many guns made your short list and what were they? I've been thinking about the Remington 870 SPS supermag with a short barrel. Good luck sighting in. I'm surprised it took 16 days to do the background check. Probably because it was an automatic and it had the ShurShot stock. It would be nice if they would hire someone, like a hunter, who understood guns, to work in background checks.

BHC

Postby BHC » May 9th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Shotguns on my list: Remington 11-87 and Versa Max, Mossberg 935, Winchester SX3, & Browning

Reason for the long delay with the background check wasn't about the shotgun itself, it was typical New Jersey BS

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » May 10th, 2013, 12:03 am

Nice looking gun. I hope you are able to take many turkeys with it.

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » May 10th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Great gun should do the trick.

Kevin

mossyoakpro

Postby mossyoakpro » May 11th, 2013, 9:47 am

That looks like a head masher for sure....I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the Hevi choke. I know I was in my 20 gauge Remington 870.

Best of luck with it!!

Return to Shooting