Needing a choke for Beretta A400 Xtreme

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
brkncly

Needing a choke for Beretta A400 Xtreme

Postby brkncly » March 12th, 2013, 11:49 pm

Just purchased a Beretta A400 Xtreme and I am looking for a turkey choke. There's not a lot to choose from since it's still new to the market and it uses the Beretta Optima HP chokes. Right now I've found J.E.B, SumToy, Pure Gold & Indian Creek that have choke tubes for the Beretta A400 Xtreme. I know that some cost more than others but if it's worth it, I'd pay the price. Last thing I want to do is buy a bunch of chokes, so I was wondering for the those of you that have a Beretta A400 Xtreme what are you shooting? What constriction did you decide and why, brand of shot shell, length of shot shell, what size of shot and what yardage are you patterning your Beretta A400 Xtreme? I did a search before posting this and read up on it, really not a whole lot of info. I'd appreciate any kind of input and advice, it would greatly be appreciated!

RCTaylor

Re: Needing a choke for Beretta A400 Xtreme

Postby RCTaylor » March 13th, 2013, 10:06 am

check with allaboutshooting on this form.
Clyde

allaboutshooting

Re: Needing a choke for Beretta A400 Xtreme

Postby allaboutshooting » March 14th, 2013, 3:37 am

brkncly wrote:Just purchased a Beretta A400 Xtreme and I am looking for a turkey choke. There's not a lot to choose from since it's still new to the market and it uses the Beretta Optima HP chokes. Right now I've found J.E.B, SumToy, Pure Gold & Indian Creek that have choke tubes for the Beretta A400 Xtreme. I know that some cost more than others but if it's worth it, I'd pay the price. Last thing I want to do is buy a bunch of chokes, so I was wondering for the those of you that have a Beretta A400 Xtreme what are you shooting? What constriction did you decide and why, brand of shot shell, length of shot shell, what size of shot and what yardage are you patterning your Beretta A400 Xtreme? I did a search before posting this and read up on it, really not a whole lot of info. I'd appreciate any kind of input and advice, it would greatly be appreciated!

First of all, congratulations. That's a great gun. The JEB's or Pure Gold would be my recommendation. I'd also recommend the 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shell with 2 oz. of either #6 or #7 shot. They both pattern very well through that gun and with either of those chokes.

Please let me know if I can be of help.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Return to Shooting