Moss 500 Super Bantam 20 ga 22"

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
bcknuts

Moss 500 Super Bantam 20 ga 22"

Postby bcknuts » February 8th, 2013, 11:46 am

Am looking at this gun for the wife.With the adjustable stock.Clark can u get a ssx for this gun?If anybody has one some back groud on this gun would be nice.Thanks

grizzly

Re: Moss 500 Super Bantam 20 ga 22"

Postby grizzly » February 8th, 2013, 4:44 pm

i've shot one for the last five years. it's a great little gun . mine has a soild stock . i can't help you on the after market chokes cause i found that the factory turkey choke it came with shoots well for the most part i shoot remington nitros 3 inch in 5 or 6 shot it patterns well out to 35 yards . the one suggestion i'll make is there is a kick not as bad as a 12 but you may want invest in a good recoil pad .....wayne

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 8th, 2013, 5:49 pm

I own a combo gun, turkey/slug barrels. The gun performs very well, with great patterns and very accurate. I would recommend a Sims pad for it, it does recoil with the short barrels and 3" shells. The only complaint I've had with it was the horrendous 18 lbs + trigger pull. I had the trigger polished and cleaned, now 7 lbs trigger pull. I've shot it with a 26" barrel and that softend the recoil quite a bit.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » February 8th, 2013, 10:59 pm

bcknuts wrote:Am looking at this gun for the wife.With the adjustable stock.Clark can u get a ssx for this gun?If anybody has one some back groud on this gun would be nice.Thanks

It's a fantastic gun. It has a lot of desireable features.

Yes, the SSX is available for that gun and one of the hottest choke models on the market currently. It appears that lots of folks are buying and shooting that gun. http://allaboutshooting.com/product_inf ... cts_id=263

I shot the full sized 20 gauge 500 in competition last year and was very pleased with its performance. It shoots great patterns with the SSX and 20 gauge Hevi-13 shells with both #6 and #7 shot.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » February 9th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Thank you Wayne /Scott /and Clark as always a great help.

Return to Shooting