Winchester Extended Range discontinued

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
chrisun

Winchester Extended Range discontinued

Postby chrisun » January 30th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Just heard that Winchester has discontinued their production of the HTL extended range product. Makes me sad.
Guns have two enemies...Rust and Politicians. John 3:16

rbewilson

Re: Winchester Extended Range discontinued

Postby rbewilson » January 30th, 2013, 8:29 pm

sad to here that,I love those shells.

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » January 31st, 2013, 1:14 am

I don't think its true.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

chrisun

Postby chrisun » January 31st, 2013, 1:32 pm

Treerooster wrote:I don't think its true.

I really hope it's just a rumour. I pray you are right. I know the price of Tungsten has sky rocketed, but I don't see that as a reason to stop making such a popular shot shell.
Guns have two enemies...Rust and Politicians. John 3:16

Uncle Nicky2

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » January 31st, 2013, 7:05 pm

Probably true, they aren't listed on Winchester's ammo site, Midway USA doesn't have them, neither does Cabelas, Bass Pro says "Out of Stock Online". That stinks, this is the ammo my gun likes best.

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » February 1st, 2013, 8:32 am

Uncle Nicky2 wrote:Probably true, they aren't listed on Winchester's ammo site, Midway USA doesn't have them, neither does Cabelas, Bass Pro says "Out of Stock Online". That stinks, this is the ammo my gun likes best.

http://www.winchester.com/Products/shotshell-ammunition/Innovative/Xtended-Range-Hi-Density/Pages/default.aspx

I have heard this rumor as well.. I feel alot of the hype is coming from the fact most retailers are out of stock.. I think alot of this can be contributed to the rising cost of these shells and the retailers stocking less and thus have less carryover to the next year, this carryover was bombarded by the ammo grab going on.. Also I have to believe manufactures are really busy loading the stuff that is flying off the shelves, and this small portion of their market is on the backburner.

Uncle Nicky2

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » February 1st, 2013, 10:01 am

Thanks icdedturkes, the first time I checked the Winchester site, I just plugged in "turkey loads". If Winchester is going to keep making these shells, I hope they become available soon, or else I'll be trying Hevi-Shot this spring....$30/box of 5...OUUCCCHHH!!!

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » February 1st, 2013, 4:24 pm

If this helps any, look in Mack's Prairie Wings Spring catalog at the top of page 22, Winchester Xtended Range Hi-Density Turkey Loads in 12 and 20 Ga. in shot sizes 4,5,6 for 12's and # 5's for 20's. The 3" for $36.99 and 3 1/2" for $40.99.(10 count box).
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

Uncle Nicky2

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » February 1st, 2013, 9:09 pm

Thanks Ted, I'll check them out.

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » February 2nd, 2013, 9:59 am

Dixie Belle wrote:If this helps any, look in Mack's Prairie Wings Spring catalog at the top of page 22, Winchester Xtended Range Hi-Density Turkey Loads in 12 and 20 Ga. in shot sizes 4,5,6 for 12's and # 5's for 20's. The 3" for $36.99 and 3 1/2" for $40.99.(10 count box).
Ted

I have some of the 3 inch 1 3/4oz number 6 shot back ordered from them.

I asked the person I talked to if Win was cancelling their Extended, but he had no idea and couldn't tell me even after he talked to his supervisor. He did say they got a shipment in last Dec and Jan 15th but the shells were all sold. Also said there was only 1 order ahead of mine.

I always figure I am going to still be alive when the next season rolls around so if I am low on something I buy it right when I know I am low. :P I have enough in my stash for a few years so I am not worried right now.

The way I figure it, buying shells is like playing the commodities market...the price is just gonna go up so buy a bunch now because the price will be low when you look back at it.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

Next

Return to Shooting