Turkey chokes from Rob Roberts

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
PALongspur

Turkey chokes from Rob Roberts

Postby PALongspur » May 27th, 2010, 12:53 am

Just curious to know if anyone has any experience with Final Strut turkey chokes from Rob Roberts?

He is building the choke tubes for that new Benelli performance shop gun so his stuff must be pretty good.

Tyler

Uncle Nicky1

RE: Turkey chokes from Rob Roberts

Postby Uncle Nicky1 » June 25th, 2010, 5:35 am

I do know he has the best reputation for customizing turkey guns.
I sent my Mossberg 835 out to him last week to have the forcing cones extended, and pattern for the best choke & loads. I'm anxious to see the results.

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » June 27th, 2010, 5:01 am

I know some folks whom are pleased with advice and his chokes.. One thing for sure the guy shoots a bunch so he should have a good idea of what constriction works with what shells in what gun.. 

Gut_Pile

Postby Gut_Pile » June 28th, 2010, 8:38 am

He is the gobbler guns guy right?
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion

Uncle Nicky1

Postby Uncle Nicky1 » July 30th, 2010, 5:36 am

Yes, that's him.

I just got my Mossberg 835  back that I sent him to work on, tested it yesterday afternoon. It does everything he said it would & more. A NICE tight swarm of pellets at 50 yards, from a 21" barrel. I'm pleased, and the price wasn't bad.[:)]

PALongspur

Postby PALongspur » August 24th, 2010, 4:24 pm

My SBEII barrel is on the way back from Gobbler Guns as we speak. Can't wait to destroy some targets once I get it back! [:D]

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » August 25th, 2010, 7:18 am

Keep us posted

Tranz

Postby Tranz » January 7th, 2011, 3:56 am

Equipped with a Comp-N-Choke XXXFull (.660), my M4 is well short of good patterns with Fiocchi, Remington and Federal 4 & 5 turkey loads, so it will be interesting to see what Gobbler Guns comes up with. Rob did mention that a non-ported choke works better with the Federal 7's and some folks are really "reaching out" on shots.

If they can't make this short barrel Benelli work, I'll just keep it in case of a zombie attack and buy a new turkey gun.

Tranz

Postby Tranz » January 10th, 2011, 9:19 am

UPDATE

Just got off the phone with Rob at Gobble Guns with an update on the M4. They performed the forcing cone modification before taking it for patterning, and Rob did the test firing himself. He was amazed at what happened. Seems the 18" barrel with a ported Comp-N-Choke XXXFull and 1-3/4oz #6 HEVI-Shot 13 SMOKED the 40 yard 10" target with 230 pellets...first shot!! Says all he did was install one of his chokes for comparison and picked up an additional 30 pellet count with no other modification. TEST OVER!
I didn't ask him what constriction he used, but do know it is a not ported model. I'm very pleased!!

Now we will see what happens with the new Beretta 20ga 3901 being sent his way.......

Return to Shooting