MOSSBERG advice

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
Franco

MOSSBERG advice

Postby Franco » January 30th, 2011, 7:14 am

New turkey hunter in Indiana
looking for a gun, considering MOSSBERG, REMINGTON or BENELI

I looked at a gun shop, Gander Mountain and Wal-Mart

There are soo many packages and numbers, and variations for Mossberg, In the 500 and 800 series there are so many differences and I don't even know the difference between the 500 and 800 series

Does anyone like the thumbhole version of stocks?

Duke0002

RE: MOSSBERG advice

Postby Duke0002 » January 30th, 2011, 8:10 am

Here's Mberb's list of 835s.   You can look at the other models by following the links.  Lot's of options for sure!

http://www.mossberg.com/products/defaul ... n=products

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » January 30th, 2011, 10:31 am

There are certainly lots of choices and it all really comes down to personal preference. If possible, it's best to handle as many as you can see what feels best to you.

I almost always opt for guns with black synthetic stocks and a matte finish with at least a 26" barrel. If it's a choice between 24" and 28", I'll take the 28" barrel.

Unless the gun is only available in 3.5" chamber, I'll take the 3" chamber since that shell really does all that can ask of a turkey gun or for that matter a waterfowl gun with modern shotshells.

I just received 2 new Mossberg shotguns, a 20 gauge 500 with a 26" barrel and a 12 gauge 930 with a 28" barrel, both with black synthetic stocks and matte barrels. They are versatile guns that can be used for just about any purpose.

I know a lot of folks like camo guns and those with shorter barrels, those are just my preferences.

I've also gone through a number of different stock configurations and have found myself back to a traditional hunting stock. I will however put an ATI AKITA adjustable hunting stock on the 20 gauge 500. That way Doris and I both can shoot the same gun with a simple adjustment of the LOP.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

grizzly

Postby grizzly » January 30th, 2011, 12:34 pm

if i may i recomend a visit to the mossberg wed site www. mossberg.com to compare the different models . as i said  before i own a 500 in 12 guage been a great gun for many years but the last 5 years i been shooting a batam 20 it's lightweight and just a handy little gun and it kills turkey dead at 30 yards[:)] wayne

Return to Shooting