SBE II

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
EMSDJ2

SBE II

Postby EMSDJ2 » January 30th, 2011, 3:33 am

I am going to pick up my new SBE II tomorrow and I was wondering after I super-clean the gun is it best since it's chambered for 3 1/2 inch to shoot a box through it of that size load to break it in?  I am going to be shooting 3 inch for turkey but was just wondering about breaking in the gun, or does it even need it.  This is my first 3 1/2 inch gun. 

Thanks,
Scooter

kenturkey89

RE: SBE II

Postby kenturkey89 » January 30th, 2011, 5:02 am

Hey Scooter,

Again, congrats on the new SBE II purchase. As for "breaking it in", I would just recommend shooting several rounds of 2 3/4" target loads through it just so you can see how it performs and handles. I've had my Vinci for over a month now but I've only shot about 200 rounds of target loads through it, which is basically what I consider breaking it in. If you don't intend shooting 3.5" shells, I don't think it's really necessary to put them through your gun. Again, I would just shoot a few target loads, maybe a day of skeet shooting or something, and then bump up to some of the 3" loads you plan to use for turkey hunting. Hope this helps!
Brian

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » January 30th, 2011, 10:22 am

Great advice. I'd have nothing to add to that.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

EMSDJ2

Postby EMSDJ2 » January 30th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Ok thanks for the advice>  My father and me can put plenty of shells through it!! Nothing better than spending time in the woods or shooting with my POP!!!

Return to Shooting