Winchester 1300 Pattern

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
eddie234

Re: Winchester 1300 Pattern

Postby eddie234 » July 3rd, 2012, 9:13 am

OK, Thanks Clark.
Twitter: @edvogler

allaboutshooting

Re: Winchester 1300 Pattern

Postby allaboutshooting » July 4th, 2012, 8:49 am

eddie234 wrote:OK, Thanks Clark.

As I recall, I had much better numbers and patterns with the 26" and 28" barrels on the SBE. When the Magnum Blend was first introduced, I put a good quantity of shells through the SBE initially. I used that gun with the SSX as a control, since I had a lot of data on how it performed with with the traditional #6 shot loads with all of those barrels and could compare results easily.

I am a real believer in using "enough gun" but no more than is necessary to cleanly kill whatever game I'm after. I know how easy it is to develop a flinch. Most people who have developed a flinch are totally unaware of it but it can really effect shooting performance. The Magnum Blend is a fine load but has much more recoil than the standard Hevi-13 shell. It makes it more difficult to get back on target quickly. If you have an opportunity to shoot 2 birds or if you need a second shot for any reason, that can be very important.

Since I find that the standard 3" Hevi-13 shotshell does all that I need and since I'm so familiar with it, that's the one that I use most of the time.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Previous

Return to Shooting