Burris FastFire II

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
PALongspur

Burris FastFire II

Postby PALongspur » June 7th, 2010, 2:58 pm

Does anyone have any experience with this sight? Any idea what kind of battery life it has and how ruggedly it's built? I generally hunt around 30 days each spring in several states and I can't afford to have something go wrong on my shotgun.

I've been shooting a Simmons ProDiamond 2x for about 10 years now and I've had zero problems with it. However, the FastFire II caught my eye because of its light weight. I tried a Burris SpeedDot for a season a few years ago, but felt handicapped because it didn't have the light gathering capibilities of my regular scope. It seems to me a reflex-style sight shouldn't have these problems.

Thanks for your help,

Tyler

Gobblerman

RE: Burris FastFire II

Postby Gobblerman » June 7th, 2010, 4:35 pm

I believe that is the sight that Bobby Parks uses and I think he really likes it....eh, Bobby?  I'm thinking about getting one before next spring myself.

Jim

joeturkey

Postby joeturkey » June 10th, 2010, 12:22 pm

Burris Sight; I too am an optics snob! I love red dot sights for turkey hunting, and I have used a few different kinds already. The new Burris sight looks great, very small lightweight and sits low profile on the barrel. I am really interested in checking out this sight! Maybe JSchlender can give us some more details regarding the sight? Price, availability,battery life, ease of sighting in etc,etc. Jim's past articles on red dot sights have been great and right on the money!!
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution. "

Ben Franklin

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » June 11th, 2010, 5:38 am

ORIGINAL: Gobblerman

I believe that is the sight that Bobby Parks uses and I think he really likes it....eh, Bobby?  I'm thinking about getting one before next spring myself.

Jim

I absolutely love it. It gives you a great sight picture and you can still see down your barrell as with beads or fiber optics. I was having trouble focusing on my front and rear sights and this solved the problem.

As far as durabilty I know a number of folks who have used them for years. They are very low profile and for a few dollars you can buy as part of the mount a protective bracket. I would think they are less likely to get knocked off than a regular red dot scope

I had mine tapped and mounted by a gun smith. The battery goes off when you slip the cover back on although it has an on-off switch.

I would turn mine on before good daytlight and it was blinking which made me think the battery was low but it was not. The battery life is supposed to be great

I consider it one of the best purchases I've made in years
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Gut_Pile

Postby Gut_Pile » June 13th, 2010, 3:50 pm

I bought one this year too. It is the best purchase I have made for turkey hunting so far. I believe a red dot to be the most effective way to kill turkeys and I believe the Fastfire is one of the best choices out there. And the best choice for the money. When shooting a bird with a bead you can see about 1/3 of the birds head and the top half of his body. With the FF2 the only thing I can't see is his feet. I promise you you will not regret getting one. And the batteries will last for a two or three seasons from what I understand
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » February 21st, 2011, 3:24 am

OK so its the fast fire and NOT the speed bead that one would want to get?  Makes a difference because with the Fast Fire I have to get a picatinny rail installed.

Return to Shooting