SBEII kicks and final strut chokes

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
nyhunter

SBEII kicks and final strut chokes

Postby nyhunter » February 22nd, 2011, 2:54 am

I have a SBEII with a 24" barrel i'm lookin at gettin a different choke. Does anyone use either of these in there SBEII. If so what shell and what constriction do you use.

allaboutshooting

RE: SBEII kicks and final strut chokes

Postby allaboutshooting » February 22nd, 2011, 2:38 pm

ORIGINAL: nyhunter

I have a SBEII with a 24" barrel i'm lookin at gettin a different choke. Does anyone use either of these in there SBEII. If so what shell and what constriction do you use.

Hey Gerri,

I shoot the SBE with several barrels and have tried, as far as I can determine, all the commercially available turkey chokes. Both of the chokes you mention are fine products and I'd get them as close to .640-.645 as they make them or a .655 at the maximum. The SBE & SBEII have the same barrel inside diameters, about .724 and need a good bit of constriction. I prefer the SSX to any other chokes I've tried in those guns but the others are very well made, good products as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Tranz

Postby Tranz » February 22nd, 2011, 5:15 pm

Call Rob at Gobbler Guns and talk to him...he shoots a SBE II w/24" barrel. I know he shoots 3-1/2" shells because nobody makes a 4"...his words.

Sgtshultzy1

Postby Sgtshultzy1 » March 9th, 2011, 8:27 am

I have the exact same gun as you.  I have tried about every combo of choke and shells except Nitro shells.   I settled on a Rhino choke and 3.5 Mag Blends.   I get awesome patterns(280+) at 40 with a very even pattern.

Next best was a Pure Gold choke with Hevi 3.5 #6's with an extremely even pattern but about 220+.   

Return to Shooting