Taurus PLY-22

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

Taurus PLY-22

Postby allaboutshooting » April 23rd, 2012, 4:42 pm

If anyone is in the market for a small .22 pistol, you might be interested in reading my evaluation of a new one from Taurus. http://allaboutshooting.com/article_inf ... 5fc4v62340

It's a pretty handy little gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Steve_In

Re: Taurus PLY-22

Postby Steve_In » April 24th, 2012, 9:46 am

That tip-up barrel is similar to the Berreta 21. I think Taurus had a real close clone out for a while. I had the Berreta 21 and carried it for several years. Practiced with it in all sorts of different holsters and carries. My favorite target was a 40 Lb salt bag. You could shoot several boxes of shells through them before they got too shredded to react to hits. I had 2 issues with that pistol. First was it did not have an extractor. Second was it seemed no matter what brand of .22's I bought there would sooner or later be a dud. Double snapping had no effect it was still a dud. I could remove the round and rotate it to a fresh spot and it would go right off. Without an extractor I could not pull back the slide and jack in a fresh round. I had a double fireing pin drawn up at one time but decided against it. I also considered adding an extractor. I ended up selling it after getting a S&W 36 in .38 special.
I really liked that little gun but the thought of an untimely dud made me move it on. If you get one try Win. Wildcat solids, keep it clean, oiled and lint free and hope you don't have a dud when it counts.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Return to Shooting