Stoeger P350

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
sampsta

Stoeger P350

Postby sampsta » April 16th, 2012, 9:30 am

has anyone bought and used a Stoeger P350 turkey gun. I have read some reviews a little old but they say that the gun has jamming isuses all the time and is an all around pain in the butt. My local BPS has some on sale for 299 and im wondering if this is the reason why its too good to be true.

Anyone have any comments

allaboutshooting

Re: Stoeger P350

Postby allaboutshooting » April 21st, 2012, 9:27 am

It's really hard to know why it is that some people have problems with guns and others don't. I do know that many folks are never really told that a new gun needs a thorough cleaning before taking it to the range of the field.

Over the years, I've seen many people purchase a new gun and ask the counter person, if there's anything they should do before shooting it. Many times I've heard something like, "Just go shoot it."

Many guns are shipped with excess oil or even grease in the action as well as in the bore of the gun. That oil and grease will at best, accumulate dust, dirt, powder residue and all kinds of other "gunk" over time and will impede the function of the gun or at times, stop it from functioning.

In my experience, the best thing anyone can do when they get a new gun home is read the instruction manual and then strip it down and clean it with some good solvent, rags, and brushes.

That performs a double duty. It first of all gets the gun clean of all the packing grease and oil and secondly, it allows the owner to become familiar with his new gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Return to Shooting