mossberg 500 tactical turkey 12ga.

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
shooter458

mossberg 500 tactical turkey 12ga.

Postby shooter458 » February 8th, 2011, 10:19 am

Hey guys anyone have one? whats your opinion on it i need another turkey gun like another hole in the head.But i won a stoeger p350 at a nwtf banquet and i"am thinking about trading it on a mossberg 500 tactical.Thanks   

Crappiepro

RE: mossberg 500 tactical turkey 12ga.

Postby Crappiepro » February 8th, 2011, 1:39 pm

I have the Mossberg 535 ATS Tactical Turkey and its a nice gun. It has the adjustable stock and fits like a glove. I put the Kicks Gobblin Thunder choke in .665 and it really puts out an awesome pattern. I also put a Simmons Black Diamond scope on it. If you have a chance to get this style of gun, I'd say "Do it" I dont think you'll be disappointed. Its a short, light weight gun that really shoots well and is comfortable to carry around in the woods! Good Luck, Crappiepro

kenturkey89

RE: mossberg 500 tactical turkey 12ga.

Postby kenturkey89 » February 8th, 2011, 2:30 pm

I don't have the tactical turkey edition but I've had my Mossberg 500 for a little less than 10 years now and I can say from experience that they are excellent guns. I got a new Benelli Vinci a couple of months ago and my Mossberg isn't as smooth or as flashy as my Benelli, but I've put around 10,000 rounds through my Mossberg and it's never given me any trouble. It was the very first gun I ever bought and it is worth every penny I paid for it.

I don't know much about Stoeger firearms and I'm not trying to influence you one way or the other. If you can, I would shoot the Stoeger for a little while and see how it feels to you. Like crappiepro, I feel that if you don't like the stoeger for any reason and you do decide to switch to the 500, you won't be disappointed. I have some buddies that get crazy good patterns from their 500's.
Brian

Return to Shooting