5s in a box of 6s

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
bamabirdbuster13

5s in a box of 6s

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » April 6th, 2012, 11:47 pm

i bought a box of federal premium flight control 3in 6s today from a local hardware store here in town today. i got to going down the road a broke open the box only to have the first 2 shells to be 5s.no big deal at all to me. i was just wondering if this has happened to anybody else.
Imma give him a headache B.C cant fix

icdedturkes

Re: 5s in a box of 6s

Postby icdedturkes » April 7th, 2012, 3:44 am

Did they accidentally put 5s in a box labeled 6s, or did they mis label a box of 5s as 6s :?: :lol:

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 7th, 2012, 7:59 am

I'd bet it didn't leave the factory that way. Probably some customer opened the box and switched shells.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » April 7th, 2012, 8:51 am

bamabirdbuster13 wrote:i bought a box of federal premium flight control 3in 6s today from a local hardware store here in town today. i got to going down the road a broke open the box only to have the first 2 shells to be 5s.no big deal at all to me. i was just wondering if this has happened to anybody else.

There was a problem last year with #6 shot being loaded in shells marked #7 shot but I've not heard of anything like what you've reported.

You may want to consider returning to the store where you bought them to let them know or see if they will exchange those shells for a full box of #6 shot shells. It could be that it happened at the factory, or has been said, that someone switched them at the store.

There can be quite a difference in the performance of tungsten-based based shot sizes. One size may flow very well through your choke and just one size larger may not. That happens most often with sizes #6 and #7.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

bamabirdbuster13

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » April 7th, 2012, 5:25 pm

the box was labeled 1 3/4 oz 6s.. the shells r kept in a glass case until purchased so idk forreal how they were switched im not worried about it affecting pattern i havnt shot a bird this year over 15 yrds
Imma give him a headache B.C cant fix

Return to Shooting