Conclusion: Tight Like That?

In this interactive feature, Editor Brian Lovett shares a scenario from his 20+ years of turkey hunting, asking "What would you do?"
Brian Lovett

Postby Brian Lovett » December 1st, 2010, 5:42 am

In "Decision Time," Editor Brian Lovett shares a scenario from his 20-plus years hunting turkeys. Each hinges on a critical decision. Post what choice you would have made, then see how things actually turned out.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I recalled the words of former World Wrestling Federation great Bobby "The Brain" Heenan: "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."

So I cheated and played the middle.

I guessed that the birds might roost on a white-pine point that bordered the swamp, so I crept within 75 yards of the big trees, found what looked like a good setup and waited in stone silence for 45 minutes. When the first longbeard gobbled, he was right where I'd figured he might be. Five minutes after flydown, the lead gobbler was flopping in pine needles 30 yards from my set-up tree.

OK, I know what you're saying: I really didn't decide between the two scenarios I presented. And you're right. But I guess that might be a testament to keeping your eyes, ears and options open in turkey country.

What decision did you make?

Click here to return to the scenario.

Click here to take advantage of the 12 Days of Savings in December at www.shopdeerhunting.com!

WillowRidgeCalls

RE: Conclusion: Tight Like That?

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » December 2nd, 2010, 4:44 pm

Hee Hee Hee I like it [;)].
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Decision Time