Conclusion: Hot Ham Dinner

In this interactive feature, Editor Brian Lovett shares a scenario from his 20+ years of turkey hunting, asking "What would you do?"
Brian Lovett

Postby Brian Lovett » April 26th, 2012, 8:44 am

In "Decision Time," Editor Brian Lovett shares a scenario from his 20-plus years hunting turkeys. Each hinges on a critical decision. Post what choice you would have made, and then see how things actually turned out.

Are you nuts? Of course I went to the other spot. You do not earn your official turkey bum card by siding with common sense.

For once, the hardheaded decision paid off. I climbed the ridge at the small property, sat down and immediately heard a gobble behind me. When I yelped on a slate, two birds responded, and they were closer.

I sprinted 50 steps closer to the ridgetop, yelped once more and got the gun up. Two strutters topped the ridge, gobbled and walked into an opening 30 steps away.

I’ve always loved ham on Easter. However, I’ve learned that ham, fresh turkey and the smug feeling of finally doing something right tastes even better.

What decision did you make?

Click here to return to the scenario.

Click here to get exclusive info on the best turkey guns, loads and chokes.

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Conclusion: Hot Ham Dinner

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 28th, 2012, 12:36 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: well done :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: watchin for flying eggs :roll: :roll:
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Myakka Chuck

Re: Conclusion: Hot Ham Dinner

Postby Myakka Chuck » April 28th, 2012, 1:24 pm

Of course, sometimes everything just falls together and you get to have your turkey and eat your ham, too. Good job, sir!

Return to Decision Time