What do you do with your spurs?

What's in your collection? What's it worth?
trkyklr

RE: What do you do with your spurs?

Postby trkyklr » December 23rd, 2008, 10:43 am

thanx for the pointers mark,ive been working on a cedar handle for my wing(s) & i got a buddy that said he puts bondo around the bottom of his wing(s) he said it works but you cant replace a feather without replacing the entire wing

allaboutshooting

RE: What do you do with your spurs?

Postby allaboutshooting » December 23rd, 2008, 2:08 pm

I've saved some, given some away, and have some in a box somewhere I think. At one time I used to save legs with spurs for some reason that I can't seem to recall.

I had a neighbor lady one time who's husband had saved one leg, including spurs, from every turkey he'd shot. He was an employee of a paper company in the south and hunted every day of the season, either by himself of with some customers of the company.

He nailed those legs to 6" wide boards, 2 rows staggered and those boards, doubled, ran around 3 walls of his garage. I didn't even try to count them but I wish now I had.

I understood he also kept all the beards and she told me her son had those but I never saw them.

I never had the opportunity to meet her husband or hear any of his hunting tales. That was truly my loss.

Spurs...brought back a lot of memories.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Turkey Collectibles