Last One

kygobbler

Last One

Postby kygobbler » April 30th, 2014, 10:12 pm

I didn't start the day till 8:30 since I had to take my daughter to school. After spending 3.5 hours of not seeing or hearing any turkeys at all I figured the day was going to be another waste. I decided I would go back to my truck and check another spot before I had to pick my daughter. While I was walking back I came to spot that I had usually bump a hen. For some reason I stopped and got my glass call out and gave off a soft yelp. GGOOOBBLEE :shock: and he is close. At first I was like crap on my left is a wheat field and to my right is a fence row with an over grown field on the other side. So I get to the only cover possible and its some honey suckle growing on the fence. I give off some soft clucks and he gobbles again. He is on the other side of the fence but I keep my gun barrel pointing down my side of the fence incase he walks thru and then I'm in the open.

My eyes are shifting back and forth on each side of the fence trying to find him. Then I see that big blue head above the over grown weeds. He is 15 yards away and that was all I needed to see of him. His beard is only 9.5" and spurs were 1 1/8".

last bird.jpg
last bird.jpg (120.31 KiB) Viewed 59 times

Johndeere 1.jpeg
Johndeere 1.jpeg (99.74 KiB) Viewed 59 times

walking away1.jpg
walking away1.jpg (219.97 KiB) Viewed 59 times
Is it turkey season yet?

xarcher

Re: Last One

Postby xarcher » May 1st, 2014, 9:06 pm

Cool story. It just goes to show you that you never stop hunting until you are literally in the truck.

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Last One

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » May 8th, 2014, 7:41 pm

"Bingo" Congrats Bryan ;) .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Team 1