TEAM 1 NEWS AND BLOG

joeturkey

TEAM 1 NEWS AND BLOG

Postby joeturkey » March 18th, 2014, 6:39 pm

I see hunters are already posting successful hunts! Wow not even close to spring in wisconsin :cry: I do have the fever though, went out today and picked up another tag plus some more ammo.I now have 3 tags and plan on getting 1 more for a later time period! My daughter also has 3 tags, so that should keep me busy for a month or so :D good luck and good hunting joe
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution. "

Ben Franklin

kygobbler

Re: TEAM 1 NEWS AND BLOG

Postby kygobbler » March 18th, 2014, 8:14 pm

Shoot Joe if I lived up there I would have a pocket full of tags. :lol:

Last night I was reading some info about turkey hunting public places down here in KY. I found out at one place that you can hunt and kill two birds per day with a limit of 4 birds and it doesn't count against the state limit. So if I kill 4 birds there and get 2 birds with the state limit that makes me an excited camper. Another good thing about hunting this place is the season starts this weekend. I have to work this weekend but I'm going to try and get in there next weekend. If I can get all the paperwork done in time.
Is it turkey season yet?

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 23rd, 2014, 6:18 pm

Well I got all my paperwork done and got my permit, so hopefully when I call Fort Campbell on Thursday they will tell me I can hunt next weekend. Wish me luck.
Is it turkey season yet?

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 28th, 2014, 9:17 am

Guys if you want, send me a pm on of your email address that way if you can't get on we will still be able to communicate.
Is it turkey season yet?

joeturkey

Postby joeturkey » April 3rd, 2014, 12:59 am

Ky gobbler; sent you a pm for email address. I got an offer to hunt down in tenn. where they have over the
counter tags and you can shoot 4 turkeys total :D. I just don't have the time off needed this year :cry: . Oh
well maybe next year :D I do have 3 tags for wisconsin and might pick up another.In the later time periods
you do have the opportunity to have multiple tags and harvest more than one bird in a day!I have never shot
a double by myself,but would given the chance :mrgreen: good luck and good hunting joe
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution. "

Ben Franklin

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 3rd, 2014, 8:44 am

Joe, if you do head down to TN give me a shout depending on what part of the state you are going. I live about 20 minutes from the state line.

So far my plans have not come together as well as I wanted. Every area that they you allow you to hunt as been filled everytime I call down there. I called down there a couple of days ago and explained my problem and asked if they had any helpfull suggestions for me to be able to hunt. The only thing they said was to keep calling thru out the day or come down there and wait till a spot becomes open. I am not to keen on that idea because if I sat down there all day and wasn't able to hunt I would probably end up in the brigg.
Is it turkey season yet?

retranger

Postby retranger » April 3rd, 2014, 8:59 am

Boy I guess we are lucky in NY. When we buy our turkey tags we get two for the spring and two for the fall and we can pretty much hunt anywhere in the state
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 11th, 2014, 8:18 pm

Well I finally got a new motor put in my Rodeo today, it only took me and a buddy of mine 2 1/2 freaking days. Just in time too because my season starts in the morning. I will load the old Rodeo up tonight and be ready to bust some beaks in the morning. I'm taking my young cousin with me in the morning. She has hunted with me every opening morning for the last 4 years and has become a tradition for us. She is 15 now and its going to kill me one of these days when tells she won't be able to go because she has other interests. So I will enjoy our hunt together and hopefully we will get a double.
Is it turkey season yet?

ads1

Postby ads1 » April 19th, 2014, 7:15 pm

Bryan aka kygobbler just knocked down a mature gobbler. He does not have internet right now but he will try to get on tonight. He seemed to be excited! :D

joeturkey

Postby joeturkey » April 23rd, 2014, 11:35 am

Congrats KYgobbler; nice bird! Hope you can get back on site soon to tell the story :D I'm starting my 1st hunt on friday,looks like ok weather for the first 2 days then rain the next three.I'll try and beat the rain, but will pack plenty of rain gear :cry: good luck and good hunting joe

Ben Franklin

Next

Return to Team 1