WEAR IS EVERYBODY HUNTING THIS YEAR

turkey junky

WEAR IS EVERYBODY HUNTING THIS YEAR

Postby turkey junky » March 5th, 2014, 8:47 pm

hi to all team 1 members just thought id ask everybody wear they will be hunting this season to break the ice a little & get to know people we dont know already...

kygobbler

Re: WEAR IS EVERYBODY HUNTING THIS YEAR

Postby kygobbler » March 5th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Well, I wish I could go hunting all around the country like some people but I will be hunting only in KY.
Is it turkey season yet?

ads1

Postby ads1 » March 5th, 2014, 9:36 pm

I hope to hunt Mississippi maybe the last week in March. Then April 7 starts season 1 in Illinois, April 12 starts second season and I am in the Random daily lottery for season 5 which starts May 1. I got 3 gobblers last year so hope to do the same this year. :D

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 6th, 2014, 2:04 pm

i forgot to add wear ill be hunting we only get one 5-7 day hunt period in MN so i have to travel around to get my fill of turkey hunting each season...

FL march 15 - march 22... maybe a NE archery hunt also late march...? OK,KS,SD april 5 - april 15... MN? april 22 - april 26...? MO may 5 - may 8... WY/MT may 10 - may 20... NE may 21 - may 27...

99% of the hunts will be on public lands... im going for my public land slam just need the osceola to complete that... if i get the osceola this spring i will go for the single season public land slam really hard...

i cant get enough spring turkey hunting its my true passion i wait all year for the spring turkey season... upland bird hunting is a close 2nd

ads1

Postby ads1 » March 6th, 2014, 3:17 pm

turkey junky wrote:i forgot to add wear ill be hunting we only get one 5-7 day hunt period in MN so i have to travel around to get my fill of turkey hunting each season...

FL march 15 - march 22... maybe a NE archery hunt also late march...? OK,KS,SD april 5 - april 15... MN? april 22 - april 26...? MO may 5 - may 8... WY/MT may 10 - may 20... NE may 21 - may 27...

99% of the hunts will be on public lands... im going for my public land slam just need the osceola to complete that... if i get the osceola this spring i will go for the single season public land slam really hard...

i cant get enough spring turkey hunting its my true passion i wait all year for the spring turkey season... upland bird hunting is a close 2nd

That's impressive! Do you have a job or are you retired? Great to have you on Team 1. We need a name for our team. :D

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 6th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Hey TJ, are you going for single season slam? If so, good luck with it.
Is it turkey season yet?

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 7th, 2014, 12:54 pm

turkey junky wrote: 99% of the hunts will be on public lands... im going for my public land slam just need the osceola to complete that... if i get the osceola this spring i will go for the single season public land slam really hard...

if i get my OSCEOLA kygobbler i will try for it this season for sure... thanks i need the well wishes & luck...

ADS1 no not retired i wish i was at 29 lol i was/am a home care nurse type care provider for my father who really dose not need the care any longer so i just help out around the farm ETC. & work with my buddy who owns a irrigation installation company so i help him with that in the summer & early fall & save a bunch of $$$ each year for spring & late fall turkey & upland game bird hunts mostly done with my father because he still does have plenty of medical issues hes dealing with... past throat cancer issues & heart issues need i say more...

happy to be apart of team 1 im sure we will all knock down a few gobblers this season???

we have any no shows or guys not log n in to the team thread check in yet???

joeturkey

Postby joeturkey » March 13th, 2014, 7:07 pm

Team 1 guys; I only get to hunt in wisconsin as ususal :( Very jealous of you guys who get to travel! I only had 1 out of state hunt in iowa quite a few years back now. I definetly would like to try another hunt, florida appeals to me the most now :D I hope to hunt 2 or 3 seasons (weeks) this year. I'll look forward to hearing about all your hunts and sucesses. good luck and good hunting joe
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution. "

Ben Franklin

ads1

Postby ads1 » March 13th, 2014, 9:16 pm

Joe, I hunted Wisconsin last fall and got a turkey opening day in Dunn County. Good luck with your season. Hope the snow melts by then. :D

Terry

joeturkey

Postby joeturkey » March 14th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Thanks Terry; I managed to harvest two birds last year and I really hope to do the same this year again :D
But what would really make my season is if I can get a nice tom for my daughter! She has hunted hard the last couple of years only to come close,very close exciting hunts at that but no cigar as they say :x Any whoo maybe this will be her year :D Good luck this year and thanks again for the PC help :!: joe
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution. "

Ben Franklin

Next

Return to Team 1