Opening Day tomorrow

Chief Many Longbeards

Re: Opening Day tomorrow

Postby Chief Many Longbeards » May 21st, 2013, 9:02 am

man, that is one badazz tom! :lol:
had to be a lot of fun watching all that action
sometimes its almost as much fun watchin and listening to turkeys interact as it is puttin the hammer down on a big tom. almost :D

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » May 21st, 2013, 10:52 am

Yes it was interesting to watch that fight. I've seen more Tom/Jake fights this year than I've ever have. I suprized that those jakes stayed fighting that long, most times they rush a tom or chase him around and peck at him, but useally don't get into it as heavy as these birds did. I still don't know what that boss did to the bird on his back to make him flip, but it was cool to see. Wish I had a video of that fight, I had a ringside seat at about 65 yards, Randy was on the end of the field watching it through his bino's. That tom looked a wreck when those jake got done with him, he had feathers sticking out all over, there were feathers laying all over that field from it. Guess that's what makes him the Boss Tom in the area. Be interesting to know what happened to that wounded jake, if he survived or if that tom killed him with that injury, maybe coyotes got him, not sure if he could fly or not, he was having problems just trying to walk? I looked for him when we quit hunting and again Sat. morning before we left, but didn't see and feathers or him in any of the brush piles along the edge of the private woods.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » May 21st, 2013, 6:35 pm

Well guys this year has come to an end, boy it went quick. This was a strange spring for weather, but the birds reacted good through the seasons. I'd have to say WI. going to be a good state to hit in the next couple years, with as many jakes and gobblers that I saw. Out of the 23 days I hunted, looking back through my notes I had 4 days that I didn't find a bird to work, I can't remember how many jakes I passed on this year, and I know of at least 5 gobblers that I let walk that was called in this year. This fall season is going to be a dandy with all of the birds I seen this spring. If we have another good hatch this year there are going to be birds waiting in line to come to our calls next spring :lol: . I hope this summer goes by as quick as this spring did, I'm ready to hit it again this fall. :P
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

DonMcJr

Postby DonMcJr » May 21st, 2013, 10:16 pm

Good Job everyone!

Does anyone know LA Longbeard? He's the only one on our team that hasn't been keeping us informed. We all got Toms except we don't know about him...

I sent him a PM and no response...

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » May 26th, 2013, 5:05 pm

DonMcJr wrote:Good Job everyone!

Does anyone know LA Longbeard? He's the only one on our team that hasn't been keeping us informed. We all got Toms except we don't know about him...

I sent him a PM and no response...

Same here, he hasn't been here since back in March 21 was his last visit. He was on Old Gobbler back in Feb. but hasn't been there since. He may be a lost soul for the team, a sign up and gone kind of guy?

Do we have anyone still out there hunting? I think our contest goes till the end of May doesn't it?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

DonMcJr

Postby DonMcJr » May 28th, 2013, 9:06 am

I believe it ends when all Turkey Seasons End. Michigan ends May 31 for some. We only get one Tom tag so I'm done but others on other teams might still be hunting...

Sucks to have an MIA Team Member... No way we can win if another Team has 6 Guys that all get a bird!

Previous

Return to Team 7