I can Hunt!!!!!!!!

DonMcJr

I can Hunt!!!!!!!!

Postby DonMcJr » April 21st, 2013, 12:38 am

Ok don't know if any of you knew but on April 8th I had surgery on my right arm to fix 2 nerves and a torn ligament I think...and I was Really Worried I'd miss Turkey Season which starts Monday...This was my arm 2 days after surgery and I'm thinkin "That's gonna hurt!"

Then they go and put this thing on and I'm thinkin' " I'd Better be able to pull a trigger with this thing...

But I have hardly any pain and I can pull the trigger on my crossbow with my middle finger so Dad is gonna cock it and I have one shot that's GONNA count!

Soooooooo! Happy I get to hunt!

Chief Many Longbeards

Re: I can Hunt!!!!!!!!

Postby Chief Many Longbeards » April 21st, 2013, 9:01 am

all right!! big congrats on the successful surgery and - just as important - being able to pull the trigger. :D
now comes the hard part - gettin a big ol tom into range. somebody needs to get team 7 on the board. ;)
i struck out on my first season tag. had lots of action and close calls but hardly any gobbling, and i couldnt pull a tom away from the hens that extra 20-25 yards to get a kill shot. :(
my second tag for third season begins friday

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » April 21st, 2013, 10:09 am

That is some nasty stitching. :o Great that your Dad can cock for you. Have you tried shooting yet?
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

DonMcJr

Postby DonMcJr » April 21st, 2013, 11:05 am

Took one test shot yesterday, crossbow scope is dead on! Last night I had a Longbeard roost just off cam on my live Food Plot Blind so there's one close by. Lets hope he doesn't travel too far today haven't seen him yet today on the 2 live blind cams...

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 21st, 2013, 5:06 pm

Go Get Um, Don. Best of luck chasing him down, pick your shot good and we'll see the pics later. :P
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

DonMcJr

Postby DonMcJr » April 21st, 2013, 6:44 pm

Of course the only Turkeys I saw today on the live cams were ZERO! Did see one Hen behind the house walking along the creek.

Tomorrow Morning I'll call a few times and if there're around they will come!

Return to Team 7