Big thanks to Scott @ Willow Ridge Calls

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Cut N Run

Big thanks to Scott @ Willow Ridge Calls

Postby Cut N Run » March 23rd, 2011, 11:43 am

I've had Scott make a few calls for some of my turkey hunting buddies and to a man, they absolutely love them. Scott shipped one to a buddy of mine in Pa. last week and the guy is so delighted with how much better it sounds than his old calls that it has re-ignited the turkey hunting fire in him. Don't get me wrong, he's always been a turkey hunter, but this call has him totally possessed. His wife is already entirely tired of hearing that call and he barely has it broke in good. He's not a member here and is not a big computer guy, though I'll see if I can't get him to send me pictures to post of whatever turkeys he gets this Spring.

Thanks for the fine work Scott. I appreciate it & so do my huntin' buddies.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

WillowRidgeCalls

RE: Big thanks to Scott @ Willow Ridge Calls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 23rd, 2011, 1:47 pm

Glad he liked the call Jim, Yikes them wives are going to get even with me someday [:D].
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » March 23rd, 2011, 2:46 pm

Gotta love WRC pot calls! I have a cherry pot with bronze glass over canary matched with a purpleheart/walnut bell striker that is absolutely full of turkey. I have an HS Strut crystal call that I've always liked and it has more volume than my WRC glass call, but the glass call puts it to shame when it comes quality. I have an iphone with an application that has many live recordings of nearly every turkey sound possible and I listen to it religiously. I recorded the sound of Scott's pot on my phone one afternoon and played it back, if I didn't know which one I was playing I honestly wouldn't be able to tell the difference between my glass call the live recordings on my phone. It's a phenomenal call and I've just started turning a few pots of my own (hope to have pics up this weekend) and I hope that eventually I'll be able to produce sounds half as good as my glass call. I think I'm going to have to break down and get a turpin box pretty soon as well[:D]
Brian

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » March 23rd, 2011, 3:44 pm

Jim
Didn't you know Scotts calls are illegal in Pa. with the exception of mine that is.

Jon
Turkeybuster

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » March 23rd, 2011, 3:44 pm

Scott is a frist class guy,when I started making pot call I asked him all kinds of question and he help a bunchs thanks again Scott.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » March 23rd, 2011, 4:48 pm

ORIGINAL: Turkeybuster

Jim
Didn't you know Scotts calls are illegal in Pa. with the exception of mine that is.

Jon

I hate to tell it Jon, but my buddy in Pa. is also in your neck of the woods. It sounds like there may be a few hens with the same accent up there this Spring. Good luck & I hope you have a great turkey season.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » March 23rd, 2011, 5:07 pm

Good Luck to you Jim I been watching your posts and by the sounds of it you are going to have a good season on your lease.

Jon
Turkeybuster

scoot12

Postby scoot12 » March 25th, 2011, 9:31 am

Scotts cherry glass over canarwood with purpleheart striker sure is a killer.  Used it last year to bag 21 pounder with some yelps and cutts.  Awesome little pot call.  Scoot

Ruttinbull

Postby Ruttinbull » April 1st, 2011, 3:34 pm

I also wish to say thanks. I am a novice call builder and Scott has taken the time to answer some pm's. I dont think he divulged any trade secrets but he certainly fed enough info to keep me enthused about learning the craft. Thanks Scott and to others like you willing to help new folks along.
The Ruttinbull

PS..... Beautiful calls man

Return to Calling