SQUEALING HEN, $25 WASTED!!!!!!!

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Fan Club

RE: SQUEALING HEN, $25 WASTED!!!!!!!

Postby Fan Club » June 4th, 2010, 10:01 am

ORIGINAL: eggshell

I am in R&D development of a new call. I'm gonna call it the fartin Gobbler call, it will be a barely audible puff of of wind with a squeak.  Although I've personally never heard it I'm sure gobblers do it in the throws of mating, so why wouldn't other gobblers come running to get in on the orgy? I'm thinking $49.95, anyone want to pre-order.....I'm betting Bobby Parks will be the first (whispers those southern boys are really gullible).

Bobby likes to travel ya know, so you'd be smart to design it to be adjustable to include Eastern, Merriams, Rio and Osceola farts. That adds a whole new meaning to "Adjustable For Windage", doesn't it?

<- <- <- <- <- <- <- <- <- <-
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » June 4th, 2010, 1:08 pm

ORIGINAL: eggshell

I am in R&D development of a new call. I'm gonna call it the fartin Gobbler call, it will be a barely audible puff of of wind with a squeak.  Although I've personally never heard it I'm sure gobblers do it in the throws of mating, so why wouldn't other gobblers come running to get in on the orgy? I'm thinking $49.95, anyone want to pre-order.....I'm betting Bobby Parks will be the first (whispers those southern boys are really gullible).

Who's gullible??? You best not be sayin' that too loud. Serious business.

BTW do you make that call in Mossy Oak bottomland? j/k

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

eggshell

Postby eggshell » June 4th, 2010, 3:13 pm

sure do Cut N Run, would you like that in the base brown or our new yellow tinge? Personally I think Bobby Parks would look good in the yellow tinge base...to match that golden fleece

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » June 5th, 2010, 2:14 am

Given what the call is built to immitate, brown seems kind of a fitting color doesn't it?  Maybe with a little white on top?

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

donnydduck

Postby donnydduck » April 13th, 2011, 2:35 pm

Wow, I'm glad I did a google thing on this squealing hen call! I was just about to throw my money away on one myself. There are soooo many new fangled things that sucker lots of us. Gotta tell ya.....I used to hunt with my brother quite a bit. Many times he could only hunt until an hour or so after sun up, so we'd take seperate vehicles. He had this beat up old ugly 1979 Ford pickup work truck that would get gobblers going everytime he started that beast up. This happened a good 7 or 8 times in a row! Yep, great call, but it sure is a bitch dragging that thing around in the woods these days![:)]

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » April 14th, 2011, 5:18 pm

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

Has anyone here every heard a hen do that squealing? I never have.

(But what do I know. I never heard a gobbler answer a dog whistle either.) [:@]

Steve

Except for a single instance, I`ve never heard a hen turkey in the wild make a sound....period......they are prey....and they don`t scream....HERE I AM!!!!!!!!!!

Sailordll

Postby Sailordll » April 21st, 2011, 9:06 am

Great information... but I do have a question for you all.

I have both the Hunters Specialties Estrus Whimper Call and
the Hunter's Specialties Squealing Hen Turkey Call. .... when your done all laughing, read on :)

The information on the Multi-Call Replacement Reed Kit, says that you can use it on the following devices..... the Estrus Whimper, Mac Daddy® and Squealing Hen calls.

So, am I correct that the same reeds are used it both the coyote call and the turkey call??
The two calls, look exactly alike to me, so I then don't understand how the sounds are different.
Or is it just me "thinking" they are different :)
Any clarification or help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks much for any thoughts and input.
Daniel

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 21st, 2011, 5:05 pm

Hey Everyday hunter, last October I shot a hen, which happened to be a little farther than what I thought, and she was lying on her back looking grave yard dead. When I bent down and grabbed a hold of her leg she took off and squeling like a pig, until I caught her. Now this hen, I'm guessing, was born that spring because she wasnt very big. That is the one and only time I have ever heard a turkey make that noise. So with that one encounter my guess would be its a distress sound that the poults will make.

Sailordll

Postby Sailordll » April 25th, 2011, 6:51 am

Hello all,

Got a response from Hunter Specialities about the two calls, the Estrus Whimper call and the Squealing Hen Turkey call.....

Yes, the reeds are the same in those calls. The high-pitched distress sounds from both calls are very similar. Keep in mind you can create many different sounds/calls just by adjusting the amount of pressure on the reeds. Hope this helps.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers,
Daniel

Previous

Return to Calling