SQUEALING HEN, $25 WASTED!!!!!!!

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
mcvitullo

SQUEALING HEN, $25 WASTED!!!!!!!

Postby mcvitullo » February 12th, 2010, 2:21 pm

I went to Wal mart today and made my causual stroll back to sporting goods and was pleasently surprised to find they got their turkey stuff in. Right in front of me was the squealing hen. I was so exited and I bought it. Like all turkey calls I buy, as soon as I got in my truck, I ripped open the package and tried it out. It sounds like an elk cow call!!!!!!! The only way it remotely sounds like the way it sounds on the commiercal is if you blow your lungs out into it and when you do that it is so loud, very yote in a 3 mile radius could probably hear it. I have yet to watch the DVD that came with it but I don't think that will make much of a differnce. I'm very disapointed and thought way too highly of it. I recommend everyone who thought of buying it should definatly save their money!!
Fall turkey hunting is boring?! Have fun sitting in your deer stand....

WillowRidgeCalls

RE: SQUEALING HEN, $25 WASTED!!!!!!!

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 12th, 2010, 2:46 pm

I find it suprising you even left the parking lot with it? There was another thred on here about what people thought of it, and it seems that most didn't think to highly of it. Sorry you got took for a ride, but sometimes education isn't cheap. [8D]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

mcvitullo

Postby mcvitullo » February 12th, 2010, 3:03 pm

Oh belive me, I intend to get my money back!!!! I just want to make sure I'm useing it right but I think its a bad call.
Fall turkey hunting is boring?! Have fun sitting in your deer stand....

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » February 13th, 2010, 5:26 am

Dang for only 10 bucks I would have told you it was a joke[;)]

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » February 15th, 2010, 1:05 pm

Sorry you got burned Matt.

Here's the link to the other thread, it was started in the "Talkin' Turkey" forum back on Jan 5 th and probably should have been here in the "Calling" forum-

http://forum.turkeyandturkeyhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=22239
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

wseested

Postby wseested » March 4th, 2010, 3:52 pm

I think everyone has been there, so don't feel too bad. I bought a Primos Gobbler Shaker and I felt so gullible when I started using it because it sounds nothing like a real gobble, but now I'm stuck with it. Oh well, such is life.

Hognutz

Postby Hognutz » March 4th, 2010, 4:57 pm

ORIGINAL: mcvitullo

I went to Wal mart today and made my causual stroll back to sporting goods and was pleasently surprised to find they got their turkey stuff in. Right in front of me was the squealing hen. I was so exited and I bought it. Like all turkey calls I buy, as soon as I got in my truck, I ripped open the package and tried it out. It sounds like an elk cow call!!!!!!! The only way it remotely sounds like the way it sounds on the commiercal is if you blow your lungs out into it and when you do that it is so loud, very yote in a 3 mile radius could probably hear it. I have yet to watch the DVD that came with it but I don't think that will make much of a differnce. I'm very disapointed and thought way too highly of it. I recommend everyone who thought of buying it should definatly save their money!!

Don't beat yourself up too bad on this deal. We all have a bag hidden somewhere with all the crappy calls and such the we suckered ourselves into buying. It is all part of the deal. It's like buying a fishing lure. They are designed to catch the fisherman first, and then the fish. Same thing with some of that ridiculous turkey gear. We've all been there. Some more than others I guess...Have a great hunt...Mike
And there I was...Knee deep in grenade pins..

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » March 10th, 2010, 11:50 am

The other thread that was mentioned was started by me. I was wondering if anyone had any info about it. Dispite the bed reveiws i went ahead and bought one of these calls. My curiosity got the best of me. Way ifigured it i could at least use it for coyote hunting or as a locator call when nothing else seems to get a shock gobble. The dvd was interesting to watch. Mind of like a 20 minute commercal.

So feel no shame my brother! Your not alone.
If it gobbles,runs on gas, or is married to you it will give you trouble!

turkeynut

Postby turkeynut » March 10th, 2010, 3:20 pm

I was all about NOT getting it, until I watched this weekend thy had the HS Strut TV show on and I saw the video. That and a buddy of mine tried it on some birds just messing around and they came running. It was in a farm yard where these birds really never leave. So it wasn't like he really goofed up some huntabl birds.

But I bought it too. If nothing else it makes, while loud but a decent elk call too. And hey if just once it gets a Tom to loose his mind and come running like that ......Priceless
Wild turkey addict....the bird that is.
Hoyt, Winchester or T/C Blackdiamond....hunting no matter the weapon
Everything is best in moderation....even moderation

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 10th, 2010, 6:14 pm

ORIGINAL: swpatrkyhunter
I was wondering if anyone had any info about it. I figured I could at least use it for coyote hunting or as a locator call...

Funny you should mention that. I came across this gizmo, also pedaled by H.S., that is marketed as the Mac Daddy® Coaxer predator call. Looks conspicuously like the Sqealing Hen doesn't it?

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Next

Return to Calling