Am I credible enough with my wing bone?

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Charley B

Am I credible enough with my wing bone?

Postby Charley B » April 19th, 2008, 10:17 am

Hi!
I try to cut and yelp with my wing bone, your comments or even sarcasm will be greatly appreciated! 
I wonder If I'm credible enough to give It a try at hunt, In early May...?

Click on the link below to watch my 30 sec clip...
Thank's!
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=1728746369589015303&hl=en-CA
Charley

Gobblernut

RE: Am I credible enough with my wing bone?

Postby Gobblernut » April 19th, 2008, 4:20 pm

Charlie I'm wanting to make a wing bone striker got any tips on making one???? Sounds Good...Keep it up....
Gobblernut

You can't kill'em sittin on the couch!!!!

silvestris

Postby silvestris » April 19th, 2008, 5:51 pm

My opinion: you are trying too hard.  Check out this video by a preacher friend of mine from south Mississippi: 

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][color="midnightblue"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][color="midnightblue"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][size=85][/color][/size][/color][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][color="midnightblue"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][color="midnightblue"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][size=85]http://www.e-zekiel.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=2e055801da3b4f58e28b[/color][/size][/color]

The wingbone is primarily a finesse caller.  You will produce sweeter yelps the softer you call.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » April 19th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Your yelps sound good, I can hear sucking noises on your cuts.  They may not be audible futher away, asthere was some echo action in your studio.  I would try the yelpsin the feild.  Good luck.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Charley B

Postby Charley B » April 24th, 2008, 4:09 am

Your all right Silvestris, I was trying too hard, I was ''sucking'' too much for nothing.  Your video really helped me out, thank's a lot, for all your reply guys!
Last sunday, I went In my turkey hunting spot to give It a try and taking pictures, I had answer with the wingbone!
They seems to still hang In relativly big flock, I hope by May second (opening day) they will be In smaller group...
I would like to show you some pics, but It seems my file Is too large for uploading on my post, sorry...
Charley

Charley B

Postby Charley B » April 25th, 2008, 11:04 am

Well Gobbler Nut, I picked up information about making the wingbone call on the net.  It's easy to build.  I did removed the bones from the wing, cut bith end of the bones as clos as I could to expose the hollow inside. I removed as much as I could of marrow with a thin metal wire.  After, I bring water to ebullition, with dishwasher soap and a tea spoon of bleach, I boiled the bones for one hour.  After, the remaining flesh and marow will come out more easily.
I sanded the bones to make them fit relativly snug together, I made them fit about half inch deep In the other bone, and secured It with epoxy.
After, I put some diamondback bow serving ont the joint (to make the call look better).  I put some fly fishing lack on the serving.
Finally, I sanded the end that goes on the lips until It feel good and produce a easy sound.
And for fashion purpose, I drilled holes in the spurs of my two previous tom harvested and put It on the lanyard... 
That's it [;)]

Charley B

Return to Calling