Box call

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Sooner44

Box call

Postby Sooner44 » May 16th, 2008, 5:26 pm

Jimmy,

here is the pic of the call I'm sending you, enjoy !!

Carl

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/GunDog44/jimscall1.jpg

Gobblernut

RE: Box call

Postby Gobblernut » May 18th, 2008, 9:02 am

Thanks Carl.. Looks great.. Thanks again.. I'll let everyone know how it performs sure it will do great..I'm sure that you'll get more request for them now.. Especially after everyone see's them..How about it fellas great looking call!!!
Gobblernut

You can't kill'em sittin on the couch!!!!

ct swamphunter

Postby ct swamphunter » May 18th, 2008, 12:17 pm

That is a nice looking call for sure. I am waiting to hear the review on it's performance.

I just ordered a scratch box, should be here any day now. I expect to be using it before my season is over.

Sooner44

Postby Sooner44 » May 19th, 2008, 3:14 pm

Swamphunter, thanks for the kind words !

The call I sent was a freebie to a fellow board member, Gobblernut was interested in my calls so I sent him one that he could tune and work with, it's not my best call by any means, but should work fine to bring in a Tom ! Regarding a review, I probably should have sent him my Walnut call if were reviewing my calls [;)] The Walnut call I just completed sounds great !!!!
I posted a picture of it in another thread here,

Thanks

Sooner

Gobblernut

Postby Gobblernut » May 19th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Sooner, You mean they get better?? WOW.. I have one bird in paticular I would like to try the best of the best out on... He's tough...Fellas if everyone in this country was as nice as sooner..Well!! we probably wouldn't be in the shape were in now..Sooner maybe I'll video a hunt with your call and send to ya..Proofs in the puddin right...
Gobblernut

You can't kill'em sittin on the couch!!!!

Hunter

Postby Hunter » May 21st, 2008, 2:55 am

Hi Sooner44, I'm a new member to this site and I'm very proud to have joined. I'm 58 years old with a college degree in Criminal Justice working on my BS and Masters degree while I can. I was a school bus driver until I had a seizure in 2002 so the state of New York reliefed me of my CDL's. Now they gave them back to me but the company that I worked for  won't take me back, so I'm trying to support a family of four on my disability that I receive from New York State. Last week I found out that I have the first stages of Alzheimer's. Things are sure getting better all the time uphere. HAhah!

I just happen to stumble upon your box call and was wondering if you would be willing to sell me one or two. You see, I have started to collect turkey calls for my son (John Jr better known as John John and my daughter Teagan.  Sooner44, I'm a fighter so I plan on still hunting and fishing until the day I can't.  But I want my son and daughter have the pleaures of these turkey call and I'll teach them both how to call them in to them.  I think it would be fun to watch them call in their first turkey. Thanks for listening to me and hope we can work something out, but if not then that's all right too. Maybe you can help me to make a couple for my children. You know, I believe I could sell these turkey calls for you in Western New York where I live. We plan on doing a lot more hunting and fishing since gas prices sky rocketed. It's almost five dollars a gallon  here. Thanks again,

Hunter
Private email: white_tiger401@yahoo.com
John Pounds. Hunter

Return to Calling