HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
hoosierhunter

HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS

Postby hoosierhunter » August 10th, 2008, 10:17 am

OK everyone, listen up! I am L. K. Leslie,founder and owner of Hoosier Hunter Custom Calls, and I need your help!

Some of you out there in turkey cyberspace are my close friends, some are my wonderful customers, some are my forum friends and all of you are my turkey hunt'in brothers and sisters. I appreciate each and every one you.

Some of you are familiar with my web site,hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com , and many of you a regular visiters, signing up monthly for the FREE Deacon custom box call that I give away each month. I've been working on this site since early April and although there are a few items yet to be added, I am comfortable in the current edition and direction in which we are going, yet it is your opinions that I place most value in.

I've just added my new line of custom stretched mouth calls for your consideration, and I'd like your feedback. As a veteran caller and turkey killer, I've learned that as I look back over my years in the turkey woods, there were milestones or instances, in which I could see I had experienced substantial growth at one time or another. One such time was when I became proficient with a mouth call, and the ability to close the deal between myself and ole' Tom gobbler became much easier and more frequent. Another milestone, was when I became a turkey killer as opposed to a turkey hunter. Some of you veterans out there know what I mean.

That day came when I purchased my first custom mouth call, and I haven't look back since. Custom mouth calls can be found online or in local pro-shops, and with very few exceptions, not in the big box sporting good stores. They may also be found at N.W.T.F. conventions,Deer and Turkey Expos, Callmaking Contests, and Call and Callmaking Seminars. It is the same with box calls,and pot calls, even more so!

Please, do not be offended, I only intend to help others reach the next level in their turkey hunting experiences.

Please visit the web sight and give me your feed back, and I'll be monitoring this sight to answer any questions or critiques you may have, and I'm always looking for good Pro-staffers in specific geographic locations. Thanks for your help!

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, and STAY SAFE
                                                                     L.K.LESLIE 

BEARD~BUSTER

RE: HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS

Postby BEARD~BUSTER » August 10th, 2008, 10:38 am

[blockquote]
GREAT LOOKIN SITE YA HAVE..GREAT CRAFTSMANSHIP
ON THE CALLS AND PRICED RIGHT..KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK
[/blockquote]
WHITETAIL'S ~ FANTAIL'S ~ TALL TAIL'S.
IT'S ALL GOOD

silvestris

Postby silvestris » August 10th, 2008, 1:45 pm

Another milestone, was when I became a turkey killer as opposed to a turkey hunter. Some of you veterans out there know what I mean.
[quote]ORIGINAL: hoosierhunter

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » August 10th, 2008, 11:55 pm

Gee! Thanks a lot for the kind words there BeardBuster, they are greatly appreciated. I am very fortunate to be able to provide the best guarantee in the industry on my boxcalls,a no questions asked,just return what's left and I remake the original and will even tweek it if the customer desires. As of today,I have not had one complaint of any kind, and that is because single piece custom box calls are my passion. No frills,whistles, bells,horns, inlays, ivory,diamonds or rubies, here. Just a great box call meant to be hunted with and priced for the average hunter. I also have a few I collect with the bells and inlays, but I wouldn't hunt with em, just to costly and they are special to me in other ways. There are some real artists out there doing some fantastic work, in several different mediums, among callmakers. I see my niche as a stepping stone for my customers, from whats hangin on a rack to the next level of thier turkey hunting experience, a custom box call made exclusively for them by myself. On 60% of the wood I use, I doing the harvesting of the timber,sawing and drying. the only thing I don't do personally, is the engraving , and that is done by one of the best call engravers in the nation.
                                                           Thanks Beardbuster
                                                                             GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS,and STAY SAFE
                                                                                               L.K.LESLIE 

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » August 11th, 2008, 1:03 am

Hi there Silvestris, It's nice to here from you.
As I understand your reply to the original post,"you don't understand the differance, between turkey hunter and turkey killer?"

My first best answer is, go to the April 2008 issue of Turkey and Turkey Hunting and read the story by Scot Bestul," Hunter or Killer?" As luck would have it, you won't have to go to far for that story either. I really enjoyed that piece, and as a lay writer, had thought often about those traits that separate moderatly successful turkey hunters from the those that will not accept defeat. That is not to say that a turkey killer will not be defeated, while afeild by "a turkey", but he will not be defeated by "the turkey".
In my opinion,a turkey killer is first and foremost, an open-minded individual. An open-minded person is not re-strained by conventional wisdom and tactics. As a U.S. Marine, I can best describethe mindset as, "ADAPT, IMPROVISE, and OVERCOME!" Conventional tactics and wisdom that are taught by the book, no matter who the author, are and should be just the foundation of principles, for reference. A turkey killer always operates with a high degree of integrity, honesty, and self-dicsipline. Always operates within the parameters set forth by governing bodies. Always is willing to help others in their quest for the "Great Bearded One". Always posseses extremely honed woodsmanship skills. Always is mindful of his physical abilities and limitations. Always practicing with turkey calls. Always practicing with other calls. Always honing his shooting skills. Always scouting. Always listening to others. Not last but not least either, a turkey killer is always thankful, keeping in mind always that there is no such thing as an unsuccessful hunt.

I once read somewere that any lardbutt who could operate a call could consistently kill turkeys. Naaaa, ain't buyin that one, but I do believe that being lucky is often better than being good, cause even a blind squirrel can get a nut.
I hope that helps you understand, what I was tryin to say, Silvestris. I am sorry for being so long-winded, but that is one of my shortcomings.

GOOD LUCK,GOD BLESS. and STAY SAFE
                                                                        L.K.LESLIE   

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » August 11th, 2008, 1:53 am

???

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » August 11th, 2008, 2:41 am

Gooooood Mooooorning Turkeykiller, nice to see ya get off the roost. As you can see I didn't have much success sleeping last night, but I left you a few things to talk about. Oh, by the way, we got a cameraman. Talk at ya later.

GOOD LUCK,GOD BLESS, andSTAY SAFFE!
                                                                                                   L.K.LESLIE

Return to Calling