Life span

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
turkeytracks

Life span

Postby turkeytracks » January 16th, 2009, 11:31 am

I was just wondering how long a diaphram will last and when to get a new one.

mark hay

RE: Life span

Postby mark hay » January 16th, 2009, 11:50 am

hello TURKEYTRACKS,
 good to hear from you again.
i can only tell what i know from experience. i have used the same mouth call for as much as 3 spring seasons . as we speak i have 4 in my pocket that i've been carrying everyday for more than a year. other than that , i'd say it could depend on how much you may chew on the thing. if you are using it a lot and the quality of your calling changes ,,,it may be time to get a new one.

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » January 16th, 2009, 6:32 pm

Tricks for getting the longest life out of your mouth calls:
Image Don't leave them where they will be exposed to a lot of direct sunlight or long periods of high temperatures (dash boards of vehicles are sure mouth call ruiners)
Image Wash them with a mouth wash and water mix, rinse with water, separate the reeds of the calls with toothpicks, wires, or something similar, and store in a cool place when not using regularly

Jim

thundrchikin

Postby thundrchikin » January 18th, 2009, 8:58 am

Heed Gobblermans advice. I cut the teeth from plastic combs,or plastic coated paper clips also work well. Sometimes tooth pics will splinter and polk through the reeds. The call will tell you when it's time for a new one the sound will become dead sounding. Hope this helps.
canecreekcalls.com

Return to Calling