what kinda calls ????

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
KPcalls

RE: what kinda calls ????

Postby KPcalls » January 19th, 2009, 6:05 pm

Don't be silly Stevepa, Hoosierhunter is a MATER call maker, just ask him..He has called himself one at least twice here...

StevePA

Postby StevePA » January 20th, 2009, 12:48 am

Sure would like to talk shop with him about some mouth calls....[8|][8|][8|]

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 20th, 2009, 1:28 am

Image Top Outdoor Products
22 Kelley Street
Renovo PA  17764
toll-free (888) 609-0012
Click
var linktext = "HERE";var email1 = "topcalls";var email2 = "dejazzd.com";document.write("" +linktext + "")//-->
HERE to email us

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » January 20th, 2009, 9:56 am

Okay, Fellers, I got a plan to resolve this "who makes the best calls" issue once and for all.  Each of you call makers out there just send me a few samples of your work, and I will gladly test them out and come back on here with a objective report as to whose is best!  Image Image

Jim

StevePA

Postby StevePA » January 21st, 2009, 4:21 am

ORIGINAL: Gobblerman

Okay, Fellers, I got a plan to resolve this "who makes the best calls" issue once and for all.  Each of you call makers out there just send me a few samples of your work, and I will gladly test them out and come back on here with a objective report as to whose is best!  Image Image

Jim

Im game...BUT...

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 21st, 2009, 5:10 am

mouth calls........hmmm .....i judge mouth calls by sound performance ...turkey resonse....and longevity.....if they have all three then i use them......a great mouth caller dosent have to be broke in....but shouldnt break down over a short time ....steve .....i heard your callers and they sound good  ,but havent used one ....im a butski man .....hes been doing it for along time ......hes a hunter and one of the guys so to speak...ive hunted with him alot and the turkey sounds he gets from his calls are awesome.....i use them to kill turkeys and in the past for competition.......i use the same calls that i used in the spring for fall and winter......i push em hard and they hold up.....im not pluging him im just stating what i like in a mouth caller....maybe ill get to try one of yours someday steve i like a cutter style....hint [:D]

StevePA

Postby StevePA » January 21st, 2009, 5:46 am

I dont make a true cutter call...i make a split v cutter...It has way better sound and definition...You need to get in the 2000's Ron and give up them old school calls.....[:)]

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 22nd, 2009, 3:37 am

butssteve.... the one i use is a super cutter it is styled different than a trUe cutter.....its sounds.... kill alot of birds ....most split V calls dont kee kee worth a dam not saying yours dOnt....paul  makes the phantom V and a spring shadow that are v cutt and i have used them with good results...and as i  recall the split v calls have been out way before the y2K.......just telling how i judge mouth callers .....ive heard alot of good callers and they still use cutters......if it works dont fix it....to each his own.....and im in the year 2009 with a kill using my butski cUtter and my cOx trumpet an old schOOl call....[:D]

Previous

Return to Calling