Turkeycommander and to whom it may concern:
A few questions for a novice callmaker that has yet to build a one piece box call.
1. Which part is Ironwood, paddle or boat?
2. If I have hearty Ironwood and white cedar in my area would this
make a good combination and if so in what way and why?
3. How did you do that checkering? That is just plain sweet! Details if
you don't mind or care to give away a secret or two!
4. What is that diamond on the paddle and how did you do that? That is
really neat. Looks like some gun stocks I've seen under the handle on
5. What tools do you need to start doing this and actually fashion it
completely. I would love to start this as a hobby in my spare time
during the winter, but don't know where to start.
I would sincerely appreciate any input you may have for me as I am eager to learn this asap. Thanks again for any advice anyone may have to offer! You can pm if you feel it would take too much to explain in a thread. God, this gets me fired up almost as much as a struttin spitter.
"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."