Wheres hoosierhunter?

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
StevePA

Wheres hoosierhunter?

Postby StevePA » February 3rd, 2009, 7:07 am

Did the boogie man carry him off or what?.....
turkeykiller

StevePA

RE: Wheres hoosierhunter?

Postby StevePA » February 6th, 2009, 12:31 pm

I may have to call the FBI to find him.......
turkeykiller

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » February 6th, 2009, 2:23 pm

I sure hope Doris and I get to meet all of you in person at the convention. That would just make it an even greater time!

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » February 23rd, 2009, 5:23 pm

I met the boogie man once, and now he has bad dreams. What does FBI stand for anyway, Fools Bickering on the Internet ? I'm still around and I keep tabs on you critter getters from time to time, but like Frank says I'm awful busy makin box calls and doin seminars this spring. I would like to thank all the fellas from T&TH who stopped by the booth to say hello, and especially Brian Lovett who made a verbal committment to hold the forum to a higher level of etiquette. I would like to take this oppurtunity to say thanks to Trkycmdr for the phone call last month. It takes a wise man to make ammends to another, when mistakes have been made. We all make them from time to time, and I'm no exception. For those of you who didn't show up at the booth, I hope you found what you were lookin for. I didn't get to see no more than 3 aisles of exhibitors cause ever time I tried I got nervous and headed back to my calls. I guess I got issues.
  The show was a huge success for HHCC, and I don't mean monetarily, although it was my best year at an convention . It actually paid for itself, rooms and dinners for all the prostaff. We were able to hand out a lot of calls to the young folks and meet a lot of really good people. The highlight of the show for myself was my son, Conner. He has acheived a milestone that many callmakers spend a lifetime working towards. He entered a box call in the decorative single piece natural wood division. He won the Blue Ribbon, 1st place in the Nation and I could'nt be any prouder of him than I am now.  The real sweet part though is the men whom he was able to acheive success over, and I look at these men as some of the best at what they do. Bob Brenner finished 2nd and Gary Campanie finished 3rd. Congratulations to them on a good show. Conner doesn't fully comprenhend the accomplishment yet as he is only 16 but as more and more people congratulate him, I'm sure it will set in. I also would like to thank Whitt and Scott Bashore for their personal congrats to Conner. I purchased Bob and Garys callers for Conner so he would always have them to remind him of what a person can do through hard work and perseverance.
    I asked the judges what set Conners caller apart from the others and there reply was the yelp and the finish inside the sound chamber. For those of you that don't think a decorative box call can replicate the sounds of a wild turkey, I guess you just need to try a Hoosier Hunter Custom decorative box call.
    I would like to thank all our fine customers and those that had questions to ask. Also the real work was done by the prostaff, and if any of you seen the booth I want you to understand that it was all built and paid for by the prostaff of HHCC. They are the cream of the crop among prostaffers in this nation and I'll put them up against any other prostaff. They are the real backbone behind Hoosier Hunter Custom Calls, I'm just the callmaker. They are, Dale Smith,Dale Smith II, Jim Knight, Hunter Knight, Paul Stiers, Bryan Busse, Robert Hall, Alan Hall, Kevin Norris, Rick Taylor, Chris Fahl and  callmaker Conner Leslie.
    Also, special thanks to my friend Ray Mallory, an exceptional callmaker to whom I am happy to know. God bless you and your wife Ray.
    I'll go back to makin calls now fellas, and leave you all to your debates about the unimportant things of life, unless of course your talking about God, Family,Relationships, Kids, and how you can come together and further the enjoyment of the outdoors for the benefit of others and not just yourselves.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE!
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF  
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

deja vu

Postby deja vu » February 24th, 2009, 12:16 am

Congrats to Connor, that is great!!!
"Old School Elitist"

thundrchikin

Postby thundrchikin » February 24th, 2009, 4:06 am

Congrats to Conner,I made it around to the HHCC booth Sun.Everyone looked busy so I kept walking.The display looked very nice and professional.The Cane Creek Calls booth also had a very successful show.It was great to see that the economy didn't keep everyone at the house.Very excited about next year allready.
canecreekcalls.com

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » February 24th, 2009, 7:53 am

I'll pass on your congrats to conner. Thanks fellas
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » February 24th, 2009, 9:09 am

congats to you & conner larry,it was a good lookin booth...any of your guys enter the callin contests? 

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » February 24th, 2009, 10:38 am

Hoosier,

I'm not seeing your pictures of the call your son made.  I would love to see it.  Is anyone else able to see the picture in his posts or is it just me>?
"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."

greyghost

Postby greyghost » February 24th, 2009, 1:33 pm

Huge congratulations to Conner. Sounds like you had a great time and the show was a big success for all concerned. 

Next

Return to Calling