Kee Kee Run

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
StevePA

RE: Kee Kee Run

Postby StevePA » February 5th, 2009, 4:23 am

ORIGINAL: TurkeyComander

If they are so hard to kill why doesn't New York and PA raise the legal limits on them ?

What could it hurt right....they're so tough. [:D]

In 2007 Pa hunters killed a combined total of over 63,000 birds....Need we kill any more? In 2006 TN hunters killed a measily combined total of just over 38,000
turkeykiller

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 5th, 2009, 4:34 am

If they are so hard to kill why doesn't New York and PA raise the legal limits on them ?

What could it hurt right....they're so tough. [:D]
lets see you hunted NY a few years back in spring you had 2 tags and PA was open so you could have bought 1 if you needed....you were on gobbling birds every day.....lets see you taged ...?0

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 5th, 2009, 4:41 am

how many  of you use the kee kee in the spring i killed my biggest bird  doing it..... 22lb.... almost 2'' spurs and a paint brush 10'' beard....[:D] ...in ...NY

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 5th, 2009, 4:43 am

According to "your numbers"...it's easier to kill a turkey in PA than in Tennessee. [:)]

Im gonna take a wild guess and say its cuz we have 3 times the amount of hunters.....
turkeykiller

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » February 5th, 2009, 4:52 am

Now there's a piece of fiction if I ever saw one.  Everyone knows what assuming brings to the table.  I would be the last to jump on the wagon saying your state has three times that of tennessee.  That is a rather large statement, no?
"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."

thundrchikin

Postby thundrchikin » February 5th, 2009, 5:01 am

TDH, It makes perfect since to me to use a kee-kee in the spring.I mean if I were a old boss gobbler out there and heard a perty young thing whistling at me or a old hen a squalking, I may be inclined to slip over to the younger myself[;)]Come to think of it thats got more than turkeys in trouble,even shot!
canecreekcalls.com

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » February 5th, 2009, 5:08 am

I am not one to say who's better:  Average Joe that kills his fair share of tassles each year consistently or the champion caller.  I don't know any champion callers, only contest entries and average joes, but I must say the pee, pee pee, kee kee, and kee kee run has been productive in my area for others and I would go out on a limb to say if I turkey hunted in the fall at all, I would use it and probably have a decent chance of killin' a bird or two, just cause I hear it out there often.  However, I've never heard a turkey in my area make any of those sounds in the spring in almost twenty years of huntin'.  Doesn't mean it never happens, just sayin' I've never heard it.  I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'! 
"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 5th, 2009, 5:25 am

ORIGINAL: dmcianfa

Now there's a piece of fiction if I ever saw one.  Everyone knows what assuming brings to the table.  I would be the last to jump on the wagon saying your state has three times that of tennessee.  That is a rather large statement, no?

Was I talking to you?...i could have said."...cuz we have like a million times more hunters...."..Its a known fact we have more hunters...thus more birds killed...
turkeykiller

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 5th, 2009, 5:27 am

ORIGINAL: thundrchikin

TDH, It makes perfect since to me to use a kee-kee in the spring.I mean if I were a old boss gobbler out there and heard a perty young thing whistling at me or a old hen a squalking, I may be inclined to slip over to the younger myself[;)]Come to think of it thats got more than turkeys in trouble,even shot!

I love using the kee kke run in the spring...Ive used it since I started turkey hunting..Ive busted up spring flocks of adult gobblers and have heard them do it also.....
turkeykiller

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 5th, 2009, 5:33 am

ORIGINAL: dmcianfa

and just to give an example....1995 records indicate that TN had 33,200 turkey hunters...PA had 423,840.....
turkeykiller

PreviousNext

Return to Calling