Pro staffers...fact or fiction?

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
tinker

RE: Pro staffers...fact or fiction?

Postby tinker » February 27th, 2009, 7:16 pm

Sputter, thanks for the offer!
 I like this board for the most part but it seems there is more judging, belittling and callin-out than help being offer lately.  I'm pretty sure that the whole purpose of this is to do just that, help each other. How is it that a man can be "wrong" for his opinion. We may not all agree, but that the beauty of individualism. To each his own. I see and read a lot of things here I don't agree with. I am not gonna tear-up on a guys mother/ wife/dog/truck...whatever to prove Im right and hes wrong. Thats nuts.
 I want to help and learn from all of you.  If a guy wants to boast, why not let him? We as sportsmen are inherently proud so if we want to flex our muscles a little do it! Its nice to see guys happy with what they do and how they do it.  No need to tear a guy down to make yourself fell better. Am I nuts with that thinking?

Tink

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » February 28th, 2009, 5:58 am

ORIGINAL: tinker

I like this board for the most part but it seems there is more judging, belittling and callin-out than help being offer lately.  No need to tear a guy down to make yourself feel better. Am I nuts with that thinking?

Tink

You're not nuts, Tinker. I feel sorry for the new members who are looking for useful information. If they want to figure out why two guys are goin' at each other, they have to spend an hour reading through a dozen threads to find out what started it. You would think all of that reading would be a positive thing, but not when they have to sort through a ton of garbage.

I've said it before, it doesn't have to be, and never will be a "lovefest", which is an extremist term and viewpoint. But I've read several comments along the lines that more information comes out when members argue and that is absolute nonsense. All one has to do is take the time to search the archives from last spring, it's all still there. There were some spirited debates for sure, but an abundance of information was shared without all of the flaming that is so prevalent now. I've seen some administrator intervention recently so maybe this place is headed in the right direction. One can only hope.

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

greyghost

Postby greyghost » February 28th, 2009, 6:23 am

ORIGINAL: Fan Club

I like this board for the most part but it seems there is more judging, belittling and callin-out than help being offer lately.  No need to tear a guy down to make yourself feel better. Am I nuts with that thinking?

Tink

You're not nuts, Tinker. I feel sorry for the new members who are looking for useful information. If they want to figure out why two guys are goin' at each other, they have to spend an hour reading through a dozen threads to find out what started it. You would think all of that reading would be a positive thing, but not when they have to sort through a ton of garbage.

I've said it before, it doesn't have to be, and never will be a "lovefest", which is an extremist term and viewpoint. But I've read several comments along the lines that more information comes out when members argue and that is absolute nonsense. All one has to do is take the time to search the archives from last spring, it's all still there. There were some spirited debates for sure, but an abundance of information was shared without all of the flaming that is so prevalent now. I've seen some administrator intervention recently so maybe this place is headed in the right direction. One can only hope.

Yep Fan you are correct and guilty of perpetuating it with your continued posts on the matter.

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » February 28th, 2009, 6:39 am

No comment on what Tinker and Sputterbug had to say, Earl? They are two of our newest members with their eyes wide open and have come to the same concensus without my help. I merely agree with them. I could find six threads right now where a dozen members have posted first and you didn't appear until immediately after I posted. From where I'm sittin' it looks like you are the perpetuator with the axe to grind. You weren't on this board a year ago when we didn't have these problems. Take that for what it's worth.

greyghost

Postby greyghost » February 28th, 2009, 8:32 am

[:D] Wow, I wasn't a member a year ago, if you are accusing me of the problems then do so as a man and not imply. But since this is your site what can I say. Secondly I do not or ever had an ax to grind with anyone. Sputerbug and Tinker said there peace as men and moved on. (which I am in the process of doing) If you would just have said, I agree Tinker and left it at that, fine. But on you went as you have in the past with the same old statements that does perpetuate things. Ex. I've said it before, it doesn't have to be, and never will be a "lovefest. Now not on matters or statements that you made on some posts that were of a constructive informative piece of advice and reiterating a point, but on the ones that are on a negative nature that you or others may have with someone elses opoinion or thoughts. I to can dig up past statements of you. But so what?

I was talking with a couple other folks on the phone about this site and the reasons they left it. Its funny how your name came up. But that is besides the point.

I never imply to some one I am up front. You seem to be a person that is very sensitive in nature so far as you take things way to personnel when someone disagrees with you, and thats fine. On the other hand you are quick to dish it out. You are old enough to know that you cannot please and be everyones friend, although that would be nice it will not happen in the internet world or real life. But if you want to remain as top dog on this forum you need to not take things of what folks say as a personnel attack against you. I will leave you on here to your own little world since it seems to upset you. But watch how you point your fingers at folks or imply.

Have a great spring and many more to follow.

If you care to discuss it further please feel free or anyone to call me at: (540) 752-0879

No need to degrade the forum further.

dabirdbuster

Postby dabirdbuster » March 3rd, 2009, 1:59 pm

wow!i just signed up today and i feel like i walked into someones home in the midst of a domestic quarrel. i guess when people have old hurts that cant be resolved this sort of escalation occurs. i hope this site is going to pan out as an enjoyable and info helpful forum,as well as a place to exchange ideas experiences and general camaraderie. i would sure like a place to go in confidence that excercises the nobility of the sportsman. i have found most other sports forums to be nearly devoid of such lately...looking forward to participating here again soon,sincerely jeff v. a.k.a. dabirdbuster

sputterbug

Postby sputterbug » March 3rd, 2009, 2:48 pm

Sputter, thanks for the offer!
I like this board for the most part but it seems there is more judging, belittling and callin-out than help being offer lately...

...I am not gonna tear-up on a guys mother/ wife/dog/truck...whatever to prove Im right and hes wrong. Thats nuts.
I want to help and learn from all of you...

...No need to tear a guy down to make yourself fell better. Am I nuts with that thinking?

Tink

LOL.  Tink, you seem like your head is on straight.  You ain't gonna kick a guy's truck or dog and bring an Internet beat-down on the turkey world?  Not gonna split hairs like an overpaid defense attorney?  Not clinging to the last vestiges of your manhood waiting for the phone to ring (it's The Turkeys calling, begging you not to head into the woods today).

Good luck this season.
"It is unlikely you will become arrogant about your skills, because wild turkey gobblers do not tolerate arrogance." -Spring Turkey Hunting, John McDaniel

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » March 4th, 2009, 6:51 am

Sputterbug
The turkeys are glad to see me come to the woods they all get a good laugh, sorta makes their day!
TB

Big Kuntry

Postby Big Kuntry » March 5th, 2009, 12:17 am

You know I've read many responses top this topic and I will say that members such as Hossier Hunter etc. are correct. I'm a Prostaffer for several companies. Yes, I'm under contract and I must say that I'm compensated very well-in many ways. I get to travel, meet new people and get to try out new products. Most importantly, i get to promote the outdoors to nonhunters etc. In addition, I'm a very experienced hunter etc. But it is not all about how many kills one have under their belt. My qualifications as a prostaffer begin with my game calling experiences, outdoors writing ability, hunting experiences, professional attitude, etc. For my comapany, there is nothing beyond my scope of duties! Yes, I along with Mark Produhm, Kerry Terrell, Chris Parrish, Jim Strelic, General Manager Ronnie Conerly and even the vice president of Pradco will, and have been known to set-up and break down a show. No one person is beyond helping the company in many ways. I also have creative input in  products etc. Yes, there are contractual and non-contractual perks. Many that I will not discuss here or elsewhere-but let me tell you something guys...yes, there are many companies out there using MEN that are proud to get a shirt that says "prostaffer", but does their company honor them as one?You'll be amazed at what you could smell if you got down wind of the crap that is ahead of you...LOL...lol!
Knight & Hale Prostaffer
Mossy Oak Prostaffer
Muzzy Shooting/ProStaffer

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 5th, 2009, 4:47 am

Hey Big Kuntry,

Welcome to the T & TH forum, it's a good place to hang your hat.

PreviousNext

Return to Calling