Pro staffers...fact or fiction?

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
hoosierhunter

RE: Pro staffers...fact or fiction?

Postby hoosierhunter » February 26th, 2009, 2:41 pm

My printed remarks were in no way intended to  point out a particular person, but rather a particular kind of person, that from time to time manages to get themselves a prostaff position, but is undeserving of said position because of one or several indescrepancies concerning thier background or inability to live up to expectations. I've been doing what I do for a long time, and unfortunately dismissing people is an unfortunate part of business and is never pleasant, and the person you are referring too was'nt a target of mine, I assure you. I wish him the best and have told him so, and if he wants to check with me I tell him that personally. You made a false assumption about me once before Frank, and now you have done it again.  
 That's the problem with the net, sometimes it's hard to interpet the written word as it is meant to be projected. You have misunderstood my remarks Frank. I am not the kind of persom who seeks to harm someone like you have insinuated, as there is no good thing that can come of it.
  Get over it! Da Hooooshhh  
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

tinker

Postby tinker » February 26th, 2009, 4:16 pm

Where did the wheels come off this one? Did I miss something?

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » February 26th, 2009, 5:56 pm

Yeah, tinker, ya' did....but you would have to do some serious research in past threads to sort it all out for yourself, and then you would still end up as confused about it as the rest of us have been.  My advice is to just dodge the flyin' wheels and skitter on down the road.

Jim

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » February 27th, 2009, 3:32 am

ORIGINAL: TurkeyComander

It first turned with his steer...wolf comments. Now he wants to question my occupation.

ORIGINAL: hoosierhunter

I'm sure that you would like to post yourself as a professinal turkey hunter Frank, but unless thats how you make your living, outfitting, guiding, etc, and you make your living hunting turkeys or any thing else for that matter, your not a pro. A professional bass fisherman does what for a living ? A professional carpenter does what for a living? Aprofessional golfer does what for a living? I'm not trying to take anything away from your accomplishments Frank, but being a turkey killer does'nt make one a pro turkey hunter. Apro staffer is just a professional staff member who wears a lot of different hats in doing his or her job. 

A closed mind is like a closed parachute, neither work very well ! Da Hooooooosssshhhh 

Larry this thread isn't about yOu, me or a young man that was lead astray by a "wolf" in "steers" clothing with promises of being something he wasn't. You jumped in head first to set the world straight on what a Pro staffer was. [;)]

Tell you what Larry....He's been in the woods with me one day for a few hours...he's been in the blind/woods with you on more than one occasion. He's heard you call...he's heard me call.

If you want we can just ask him to compare the learning experiences.

Better check your "parachute" before you leap next time....it's a long way down.

Frank, you interjected someone else into this thread, not myself,because you felt I was trying to make an example out of your friend. Not True.

I am not or never have questioned your occupation Frank. I have no idea what you do for a living, and if you are a turkey guide and make a living doing it, then you may be a pro or at leaset a semi pro, and I was wrong stating that you aren't. I was just clarifying that a pro hunter and a pro staffer are not the same!

I have never made this thread about calling or hunting, as it was and still should be about prostaff personnel. Frank, you probably are a better caller that I am, I've never said any thing on this forum ever about my calling ability. I have never stated or written that I was a better hunter than you either, but that seems to be your implication.

And as far as open mindness goes Frank, I try my best to be so, and from time to time am reminded of my shortcomings. I am a prostaffer for the largest camo company in the world, and I  have over a dozen prostaffers involved with my own company, so I am qualified to speak on the subject with some authority, imo, or as you state, set the world staight.

It is you, not I that have Hijacked this thread, I have merely tried to answer your Accusations concerning myself and what I meant by what I posted for your reading enjoyment.

Please take this time to reflect upon the word accusation. We have been here before have'nt we Frank. Lets not go down that path again, it is of no benefit to either of us.

Da Hooooosssshhhh

Brian Lovett

Postby Brian Lovett » February 27th, 2009, 6:26 am

Hey, let's keep everything civil, OK?

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » February 27th, 2009, 7:05 am

Thanks Brian

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » February 27th, 2009, 7:51 am

ORIGINAL: StevePA

I know lots who are taken advantage of....

i couldn't agree more...

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » February 27th, 2009, 7:59 am

ORIGINAL: silvestris

What do they do, anyway?

......diligence

sputterbug

Postby sputterbug » February 27th, 2009, 10:17 am

ORIGINAL: tinker

Where did the wheels come off this one? Did I miss something?

Tinker,

You and me both. 

Unfortunately, I only check in here periodically now.  Seems like a great forum spoiled by some rotten apples.  For new hunters this makes for an environment unsuitable for learning. 

The Search function cannot even be used to glean info on important topics without having to wade through all the BS, let alone try to participate in meaningful new topics.  I'd encourage you to explore other sites, or PM me if you're looking around.

Back to the regularly scheduled program...
"It is unlikely you will become arrogant about your skills, because wild turkey gobblers do not tolerate arrogance." -Spring Turkey Hunting, John McDaniel

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 27th, 2009, 1:31 pm

the only one we owe due dillygents to is the big boss gObbler.....[:D]

PreviousNext

Return to Calling