which...

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
silvestris

RE: which...

Postby silvestris » March 4th, 2009, 3:32 pm

The Morgan Caller has been very good to me, but I carry several different baits with me, virtually none of which are production callers, and many homemade by me or others.  Nothing fancy; nothing sellable.  I don't try to throw the kitchen sink at them, but you never know what will tickle their fancy.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

turkeylimb

Postby turkeylimb » March 12th, 2009, 12:22 pm

MOUTH DIAPHRAGM

Limbhanger150

Postby Limbhanger150 » March 12th, 2009, 1:02 pm

I have to say the wing bone. I dont own a trumpet yet. I figured I would learn the wing bone before I tried the trumpet. I learned diaphrams first because that was the call of choice (of my mentors) when I started back in the 80s. I knew an older guy that ran the trumpet back then but I never tried. He sounded good from a distance but standing next to him, I always heard the that popping or smacking. I have since learned to run most calls except the trumpet and wingbone. Still trying though.

turkaholic

Postby turkaholic » March 12th, 2009, 5:04 pm

Wingbone, I need to get me one of those trumpet type calls. Sounds to be a challange to learn.
live to hunt hunt to live

deja vu

Postby deja vu » March 13th, 2009, 4:21 pm

I did a lot of gaging and cleaning the windshield trying to learn the mouth call [;)]
"Old School Elitist"

Limbhanger150

Postby Limbhanger150 » March 13th, 2009, 4:56 pm

ORIGINAL: deja vu

I did a lot of gaging and cleaning the windshield trying to learn the mouth call [;)]

Every once in awhile I still have episodes like that with diaphrams. Usually when I try to kee or put too much pressure on the reeds and the calls slides back. I got a bad gag reflex anyway.

Previous

Return to Calling