Praise for custom calls!

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
hoosierhunter

RE: Praise for custom calls!

Postby hoosierhunter » April 26th, 2010, 12:18 pm

MAN, YOUR TOO COOL ! I'll be contacting ya, and I'll always have your back!

DaHooooshhh
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

zipperman351

Postby zipperman351 » April 27th, 2010, 11:19 am

Thats for sure your using the right calls,great pics...zippermam

JPH

Postby JPH » April 28th, 2010, 10:51 am

Well Iowa's 4th season opened with a beautiful morning but very little gobbling. I wound up in a mid-morning cold calling situation. Once again, I went with the Hoosier Hunter Glass-Over-Slate and the Big Indy mouth call. I know I should mix it up but they keep working! Anyway, a silent gang of young birds snuck in. Their white heads and crimson necks stood out like fireworks against the bright green woods. It was too beautiful a sight and the shot was too easy to pass up on. Jake down! I'm tagged out, thanks in large part to the calls mentioned above.

Again, check out a custom call maker.

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » April 29th, 2010, 12:25 pm

ORIGINAL: hoosierhunter

Hi Bryan, The closest retailer to you that handles my turkey callers is in Greenwood In. and is The OUTDOOR CONNECTION owned by Doug McPhereson, a really good fella who has been turkey huntin a long, long time. He has a class operation, and I'm pretty picky about who I will allow to handle my work. You might also give a call out to the fellas at Frames Outdoors in Liberty In.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE !
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF
TURKEY AND TURKEY HUNTING PRO STAFF

Drove to Liberty this morning on my way to hunt and stopped by Frames Outdoors and bought what looks like the glass on glass.  Was hoping he had the glass on slate cause that was what I was after but I am impressed with the glass on glass with the sound and craftsmanship.  Truly a nice call, so keep up the good work!

JPH

Postby JPH » April 29th, 2010, 12:48 pm

ORIGINAL: Bryan78
 I am impressed with the glass on glass with the sound and craftsmanship.  Truly a nice call, so keep up the good work!

Cool! Looking forward to seeing a limbhanger spread out in front of you, with one of Lyle's calls in the foreground. You have a good camera, right?

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » April 29th, 2010, 10:44 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

ORIGINAL: Bryan78
I am impressed with the glass on glass with the sound and craftsmanship.  Truly a nice call, so keep up the good work!

Cool! Looking forward to seeing a limbhanger spread out in front of you, with one of Lyle's calls in the foreground. You have a good camera, right?

It is an old 2 megapixel digital.  But it does take some decent pictures.

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » April 30th, 2010, 7:56 am

Oh and I wanted to also say thanks L.K. for making you calls with a 14 sides.  That was good thinking right there (easy gripping).  I had a tom (he was still way out there) heading my way this morning and reached over and grabbed the Primos and it slipped out of my hand and it hit my gun.  Needless to say it might as well have been Hiroshima revisited because that tom never came around and I don't know which way he went but there was another hunter nearby who might have spooked him or something.

JPH

Postby JPH » May 2nd, 2010, 9:10 am

I hate to keep doing this, but now that I've started I can't stop. I tagged out last week so now I have to guide to get in on any action. (Can you call it guiding if you're calling for a new hunter on his own property?)

Anyway, I've just about worn out Hoosier Hunter's Big Indy mouth call, so I switched to the Gobstopper. It's a little lower pitch and a little raspier than the Big Indy. Great call!

We bumped into a lone gobbler in a CRP field. He caught us and was about to exit stage right. We low crawled up to the crest and I began working him with an easy hand. He relaxed and started putting on a show. I was able to keep him looking my way while my buddy John slid into a shooting position. After a good 20 minutes of easy purrs, clucks and a few yelps, he turned his nose to us and marched in. Best of all, I caught the entire thing on film!

It was only John's second turkey and it had hooks of 1.25" and 1.375". Now he's a custom Hoosier Hunter fan too. 

Previous

Return to Calling